Honestly, you are

You and Draco just laid in bed all day the next day. You would rest your head on his lap, he'd run his fingers over the baby hairs near you ear. You talked about your childhoods.

"I think I went most of my life thinking I knew everything. Until Voldemort told me he wanted me to kill Dumbledore. Then I think I started really wondering if I knew anything. My mom and dad didn't even try and save me. They just let me become a puppet. Like them." he was staring at the wall furthest from you, staring at himself in your vanity mirror. You looked at his face in the reflection. He smiled as you did.

"You're better than them you know" you sat up, looking at him directly.

"Am I, really? I could have ran. I could have warned people what was coming"

"Yes you are. You were scared, everything you'd ever known was in those walls, and someone promised you again and again that they wouldn't change if you did as they told you. They lied. That's not your fault" You had thought about this again and again, trying to justify this to yourself when you used to read about his case. You had even interviewed Harry Potter for one of your papers once. He had somehow become even more a celebrity if that was possible, after the battle. So getting the meeting was hard.

"I know it's not my fault. But sometimes I have to tell myself it was, so I can stop being so angry. Sometimes I just sit back and take all the blame." he leaned his head back on the headboard.

"And that's why you're better. You're willing to take on everything. When it really wasn't you. You're good Draco. Honestly you are" You had no doubt in your mind that he really was.

"Thank you y/n, I think you might be the only person in the world who thinks so" he sighed.

"You're not though. At uni I knew people who were on your side. We talked about it at law meetings. I am just happy you ended up how I always imagined you were. A little broken, but not evil"

"Sometimes I am evil" he looked at you, "when you came home, looking how you did. It took everything in me to not spend the night hunting down who did that to you. I wanted to kill him, more than anything. But you needed me"

"Remember how you said you would pay me back for taking you in after your attack? Well here you go. Now we can heal one another"