Happier

You watched Draco from your seat in the kitchen. He so desperately needed to move around, now in a pair of jeans and a sweater. He leaned against the counter, his arms crossing in front of him, he made a face at you. Had he been talking this whole time?

"I'm sorry what?" You asked, shaking your head.

"I said" he walked forward, his arms pressing on the table. The sleeves pulled up to his forearms, you let your eyes rest on his hands. "I think we should let Neville go"

You shook your head again, trying to really take in his words "wait what?"

"I think we should just forget it all"

"But Draco..." you stood "he nearly killed you"

"So did Harry once" he reminded you. "With that same damn spell" he laughed a little.

"But Harry..." you spoke, unable to finish your sentence.

"Harry did what he thought was right at the time... Neville is just"

"A moron" you stopped him. Anger seeping from all of you.

"I was going to say lost..." he forced your eyes to meet his "not everyone has someone to save them like I do" you blushed at his words, his smile suggesting everything.

"Technically Harry did the saving this time" he walked to you as you spoke, his arms wrapping around your waist.

"Technicalities" he shrugged.

"Can we go home?" You whispered to him.

"After we tell Harry to let Neville go"

"But Draco I..."

"The sooner this is over... the sooner we can celebrate" he raised his eyebrows at you.

"Okay" you sighed. Nothing else in the world could keep you from following him, through fire and rain. And if he wanted to forgive, who were you to not allow that. "I can't say I forgive him"

He leaned his lips to your forehead "I wouldn't ask you to"

"Let him go" Draco nodded to Harry and the other Auror who had Neville sitting in the chair in the dining room.

"If you're sure" Harry nodded. Looking to you as you stood just behind Draco. Looking to the ground, your heart still so filled with anger you may breath fire if you had to see his face again. "Y/n?" Harry asked, noticing now your stance.

"If Draco wants him let go, then let him be" you nodded. Looking still to the ground.

"You heard them" Harry stood, not pushing you further. "Leave" he gestured to the door.

Neville's face was confused, no doubt unsure and skeptical of your sudden sense of mercy. not long ago you had cursed his name, and him along with it.

You refused to watch him as he walked to the door, his shoulders hanging from him in pure defeat he walked slow, his shoes dragging on the floor. Even having him standing within arms reach of you two made your body want to shake.

Your hand grabbed his sleeves suddenly as he walked past you both, causing nearly everyone to jump at the motion, they prepared to pull you away from him once again but instead you spoke.

"Why?" you whispered, a need inside of you had to find out.

"Because he's evil. He was a death eater y/n. He left us all standing at Hogwarts to be with his parents. We all could have died that day and he wouldn't have thought twice. He wouldn't have even mourned you.." You felt his eyes on you.