Boy or girl

"Hello Mrs. Malfoy, come on in" You sat next to Ginny at the doctors a few weeks later.

"Can you come in with me?" you asked as she went to pull a book from her bag.

"Uhh yeah, definitely" she nodded. You both walked back to the room, you had to admit even though Draco was wandering somewhere in these halls you figured he was too busy to come in with you and find out what you were having. You laid back on the bed, you weren't sure why on earth you were so nervous. On one hand you know why, because every single day you watched yourself change, every single day you watched as Draco dressed and went to school. He had set himself to work so hard so he would be done and sometimes it felt like he was missing out on this part of it all. You were more thankful than you ever thought you might be for Ginny, who had come with you to every doctor's appointment. Though before today she would just wait in the waiting room with you.

"Are you ready to find out the sex of the baby Mrs. Malfoy?" The doctor asked.

"I am" you nodded, taking a deep breath and sitting back on your seat. You nearly jumped out of your skin as someone pushed through the door, their breathing hard.

"I'm here" Draco was panting, as if he ran a mile. Maybe he had. He stood in his usual uniform, a pair of black scrubs and his trainers.

"Mr. Malfoy shouldn't you be assisting in training?" the Doctor asked.

"Madam LaRox pardoned me so I could be here" he walked to your side, taking your hand into his.

"Draco" you weren't sure why you started tearing up, but you did. This was the first appointment he had been able to come to, you wondered how he managed to convince his teacher to let him come, considering she had always been so strict.

"I will leave you two" Ginny started to the door,

"No, please stay" you begged. "I need my sister" She looked back at you, for some reason her face was absolutely happy and surprised.

"Okay," she walked to your side. "I am here"

"If thats everyone" The doctor seemed annoyed, but processed anyway. "Alright Malfoy's" the doctor nodded as he ran the machine over your skin. "Hmm" he said suddenly, making your heart absolutely race.

"Is something wrong?" you asked, your head starting to spin already.

"No, nothing. It just looks like we missed something here"

You sat in the passenger seat of Ginny's car staring off into space. You couldn't manage to make your head go back to the idea of what the doctor said. You imagined Draco was just as lost in his mind, pacing around at work and unable to pay attention to anything that was being taught to him.

"So" Ginny said, she was one of those people who couldn't stand silence. "Dinner at the burrow isn't until 5... but I think maybe Mom wouldn't mind if we just go now?"

You just shook your head, maybe Molly of all people would be able to bring your head back down. She was the only mother you were close with, the only person you knew who had had kids so asking her questions was not a new thing.

"I will have to call Draco" you spoke as she pulled her car up the long driveway.

"He already knows, we talked about it while you ran to the bathroom, He will aperate here when he's done with class"

"Ginny" you gripped the handle of the door, your knuckles going white. "What are we going to do?"

"Y/N I told you, everything is going to be okay. You're not alone in this, we are here to help you. Mom had more than enough experience"

"I know, I just..."

"You'll be okay." she rester her soft hand on yours, calming you as much as she alone could manage.

"I need to talk to Molly" you opened the car door fast as you stopped, almost rushing to the door.

Ginny must not have let her mother know you were coming earlier because you nearly scared Molly out of her skin as she worked in the kitchen. George and Ron already sat with her talking about anything and nothing all at once.

"Y/n dear you startled me, I wasn't expecting you here until 5" She looked at the clock on the wall, which ready 2:30.

"I know mom I just.... I needed you" you walked to where she stood at the oven, wrapped your arms around her and pull her to you.

"What's going on? Is the baby okay?" You could feel Molly's heart through her chest. She rubbed her gentle hand over your back. You couldn't speak, Ginny walked into the room then looking at her mom. "Ginny please tell me the babies okay" Molly begged.

"Yes mom" she nodded because as badly as she wanted to tell her, it wasn;t her thing to tell. She sighed, running her hands over your hair. It was like you were in shock, like these past few weeks meant nothing. It all was leading to today really, and it all felt real until now than it ever had. Even the moments when you'd stand in front of a mirror and look at yourself, you hadn't really started to show. So you could maybe convince your brain it just looked like you had eaten too much at dinner. Or when Draco would kiss your stomach and speak as if he could be heard.

It all was just coming down to this, how had they not noticed before?

"Y/n, darling, breath" Molly laughed softly. You made yourself catch your breath, had you actually stopped breathing for a second?

"Tell her y/n" Ginny was sitting beside her brothers now, who were obviously just as invested. You glanced over to George, whose head was cocked in such a way that he seemed almost puppy-like, curious as he ever was.

"Mom" you pulled away from her.

"So what is it? Boy or girl?" Arthur asked as he walked into the room, you were surrounded now by so many people who loved you. People who would die for you, and the baby.

"She hasn't said" Molly's face was sweet, loving. Everything you hoped you could be as a mom, everything you would aspire to be.

"I am okay." you cleared your throat, how was the best way to say this. "Boys" was all you could say.

"Oh how sweet a boy!" She grinned. "Ya know having boys may seem scary but-"

"No, Mom" you stopped her as she started to already congratulated you "Boys"