Would he?

"But y/n you said your mom was dead..." Draco spoke from behind you. His voice sounded like it was rushing underwater.

"My dad said she was..." you had no real memories of your mom. Your dad had told you a million times she had left you both and died, so you didn't think much of her.

"He would say that" the woman asked "how is Alexander?" Her face was pulled into a wicked smile. "Oh right" she cackled. "He's dead. Isn't he?"

Your heart sank into your stomach, you felt the blood rushing from your face.

"He would say I was dead! Pathetic blood trader. You were nearly 10 when I left!!" She was laughing loudly, her voice carrying through the quiet woods.

You felt your body shaking, a reaction you couldn't seem to control.

"But look at my little girl! Marrying a death eater! A Malfoy at that!" She sounded absolutely mad in her words.

"I am not one of you" Draco spoke from behind you, snapping at her words.

"Are you not? Once a death eater, always a death eater!"

"Y/n" Harry spoke, pulling your attention away from her now. "We need to go" the run had just started pooling over the horizon, how long had this all taken?

"He will come back. He will. He will he will he will he will" your mother chanted as they pulled her away.

You our head was spinning, you had gone your whole life thinking she was dead, your father having only one photo of her in the house. She hadn't aged a day.

"Baby" Draco whispered to you, your head being pulled back into the moment. "We have to go" you nodded. Your brain trying hard to connect any dots you could find. Nothing made sense, why would he lie to you? Your dad never lied to you?

You nearly crashed into Ron as you flew back to the port key.

"Hey y/n, you have to pay attention" Ron spoke to you, you shook your head. You felt like you couldn't make your brain work right. Draco pulled his broom close to yours. The Zealand Auror had taken the group away when you mounted your brooms. Your mother still chanting that odd chant and laughing the entire time.

"Y/n" Harry and Draco sat you down at the kitchen table of the house you stayed at. "You really don't remember anything about her?" Draco was whispering, sitting close to you.

"No. Nothing" you answered him, how could she had been around until you were 10 and you not remember her at all?

"Maybe you two should go to bed" Harry's voice permitted the air. "I'll be going in early to interview them"

"I don't understand" was all you could say as Draco pulled you up the stairs.

"Baby you need to sleep" Draco spoke to you as you sat on the edge of the bed. The sun had risen almost entirely.

"Draco how do I not remember her? I don't understand. That doesn't make any sense"

"Maybe she lied. She is crazy y/n" he was right of course, but the word still hit your nerves in the wrong way. You clenched your teeth, your head was completely uneasy.

"Maybe he..." Draco started speaking, stopping himself.

"He what?" You looked at him, maybe Draco could piece together things you couldn't.

"Maybe he obliviated you" your mouth fell open at the words. That had to be it!

"He wouldn't..." you thought for a long time "would he?" You couldn't imagine your dad taking all of that away from you. So much of your childhood pulled away from you. You were reminded of Draco, who had both of his parents taken nearly completely away from his memory.

"You know..." he held his wand in his hand "maybe the memories are still in here" he looked at the wood that he had gotten to know so well. Obliviation was an odd spell, you never knew if maybe they did linger in there. Tucked away into the heart of the wand.

"I don't know" you watched the wand as Draco turned it in his fingers.

"Do you want me to..." he asked.

"I-" you couldn't answer "no?" You sighed "I don't know... my dad had to have taken her away for a reason... right?"

"I know I didn't know him.. but from what I've been told. He was probably just trying to protect you"

"But.. how has no one ever mentioned her? Not even Elenore " you felt odd, like everyone in your life had been lying to you your whole life. Elenor had never lied to you, or at least that's what you thought until today.

"Hey" Draco pulled your attention. "Come here" he held his hands out to you. You crawled to him, letting his pull his head into your chest. "Harry will let you know anything he thinks we need to know in a few hours. And if you decide you want to... I can try and bring them back for you"

"I really will have to think about it. Maybe I don't want to remember" you thought about how strange this all was. Laying here with your husband whose childhood memories were also morphed. You couldn't help but feel guilty, even though he had begged you to take them. Would be question you this way if he were to find out you had obliviated him? You figured he had an idea, since it was nearly impossible to avoid stuff that was mentioned about his parents. But he never pushed it, he never asked questions and never looked to remember. Maybe that was how it should be, why would you want to remember someone like that?

Your mind was ticking hard as you finally fell asleep, Draco combing his fingers through your hair.

"We're a mess" was the last thing you heard Draco laugh a little as you fell asleep. If that wasn't the truest thing, you didn't know what was.

You was woken by a knock on the door.

"Can I come in Malfoys?" You heard Harry's voice through the door.

"Come on in" Draco called back, you both sat up in the bed.

"Y/n" Harry just sighed as he came in "I am so sorry. I hate to ask.... but she's refusing to talk to any of us. She said she will only talk to you. And we can get any Veritaserum until Monday... we have to know if there is anyone else out there" it was early Saturday morning.

"No... Harry it's okay" you stretched.

"Y/n are you sure" Draco put his hand on your shoulder.

"If it means protecting another muggle family from being killed. I will do it... he did mention they were waiting for Goyle" you spoke.

"Yes. Goyle Sr. We have people already looking for him... if this group is all we have to worry about that would be amazIng. But we can't be sure, they all have stayed silent."

"Why don't you..." Draco started talking, you both looked at him. Knowing exactly what he meant.

"New Zealand has much stricter laws when it comes to prisoners... and since we can't really charge them with anything yet we can't use force" it seemed Harry had had the same idea already.

"I don't mind. I really don't. I have questions of my own" you really did. While you weren't sure if you wanted to remember everything. Not knowing anything was driving you insane.

"I'm coming with you" Draco was standing before you, rummaging through his bag.

"Absolutely" Harry just nodded. "I really appreciate your help,you guys... it makes a huge difference. Without you they may just walk free"