We Always do

"What do you mean who am I? Don't be silly Draco. Come back to bed" you took a step towards him. He backed away from you, looking down at the wand in your hand then back up to you. His face was filled with fear and anger.

"What do YOU mean? I don't know you. Stay away from me. Where am I?" He looked around the room. You gripped tightly to your wand, what on earth was going on?

He shot his eyes back to your wand. Suddenly coming towards you, reaching for it. You couldn't react in time, you stood nearly still as he took your wand into his hand. Standing back and pointing it at your neck.

"Tell me where I am now! You filthy mudblood" he shouted, your wand pressed hard into your skin. You felt your eyes starting to water over into tears.

"Draco please stop" you begged

"WHERE AM I?" He yelled again, unmoving from his stance.

"You're home. I am your fiancé. Why don't you remember me?" You pleaded between cries.

"My what? You're bloody crazy! I don't even know you" he stepped towards you, forcing you to step back to the wall.

"Draco please" you begged as your body started to shake, panicking.

"Tell me who you really are? Where are my parents? Why am I not at the manor??" He kept asking, you didn't even know how to answer him. This all didn't make any sense.

"Draco..." you whispered as he looked back at you, your tears running harsh down your face.

"Stop calling me Draco. I don't know you"

"But i love you" you felt yourself start to crumble, how were you supposed to even defend yourself? Why did he not remember who you were? What did he mean where are his parents? He caught sight of his arm where the mark used to be.

"Where..." he watched the skin, clear under his eyes but they weren't his eyes. They were something else, dark and sad. The same eyes you saw he wore nearly all his last few years at Hogwarts, he wasn't your Draco in this moment. He was that Draco.

You started to cry deeply, sobs rolling from you as you sat on the ground. Covering your head. You weren't sure how you thought this would protect you, but in your state of panic you did it.

Your mind flashed with fear, trying to find a way to get away. Find a way to get out of what was happening. You could get up and run, but what if he just casted a spell on you? What if he killed you? What if he killed you no matter what.

You felt like you sat there for an eternity, every second passed by at a glacial pace. He was unmoving for a long time. Only the sound of your sobbing and his breathing filled the room in the darkness. Besides your better judgement you started thinking about what were to happen if you did die here, at his hand. You thought about how your friends would react, how the world would see Draco as that villain again. People would talk about how you must have been asking for it by being with an ex death eater, the years you had together would mean nothing to them. All they would see was this moment. In this thought you felt sorrow, the deep aching kind that rotted your soul a little, you thought about his life and where he would go. Azkaban.

Even though he held the wand to you, you still thought about how this would effect him. Not worried in that moment about your own life, just him.

"Y/n?" You heard, while shaking on the ground in the fetal position. you thought for a second you were imagining it until you heard it again . "Y/n" he spoke once again, your eyes shot up then. Catching his eyes. "What's going on?" He looked at his hand, which held the wand pointed at you. He dropped it as he saw how you sat, tears coasting down you and falling to your shirt.

"What did I do?" He asked, looking at his hands dropping to his knees, reaching for you. You flinched a little as he did. He stopped, watching you. You snapped back out of your fear driven state catching the pain in his eyes. There he was, your Draco.

"Draco?" You asked

"What happened? Did I hurt you?" His voice was panicked.

"No. No" you got up, wrapping your arms around this neck squeezing him. Your head on his shoulder "You just really scared me"

"So yeah... you didn't know who I was. You even asked me why I was calling you Draco" you explained to him as he sat on the edge of the bed.

"And I was pointing your wand at you..." he repeated more than asked.

"I think you were scared. It was like you were back there. Back then, it was the oddest thing I have ever seen" you sat down next to him.

"I could have hurt you... or worse" he didn't look at you, instead he stared at his hands.

"But you didn't." You reminded him

"I could have. What if it happens again? What if I kill you?" He was brought to tears at the idea.

"Draco it's okay" you lean in to hug him, he backs away a little.

"Y/n... this is serious. I really could have..." he sighed.

"Look at me" you grabbed his chin, facing him to you. "We will figure this out. We always do"