Paradise

"So..." Draco spoke finally, as you walked to Gringotts. "What was all that?" Secretly you hoped he wouldn't notice, but he was way too smart.

"Neville and I used to be close. He kind of ditched me when I told him I didn't like him like that."

"Oh... I never took Neville as the type"

"I didn't either" something in you still stung, he was one of your closest friends back then. And when he just left you standing there by yourself. You felt betrayed.

Draco treated you both to dinner, smiling as he was able to finally take you out. Then he ushered you into a few stores, pointing out things he thought would look nice on you.

"Draco you really don't have to do all this" you smiled as he handed you a beautiful plush sweater with an off-the-shoulder look. He was a sucker for things like that.

"Y/n, I promise I won't go overboard. I just want to pay for back."

"you know you don't really have to"

"But I want to" he kissed you softly. You saw how happy he was, you had to admit. It felt nice being spoiled a little.

You were pattering around Diagon alley when you bumped into Ginny Potter and Hermione Weasley.

"Would you like to join us for some drinks?" Hermione asked you as you caught up. You looked at Draco.

"You go, I have something I need to do then I will see you at home." He pecked you softly on the lips before shuffling off with your bags in hand. You watched after him, he was something else.

You, Hermione, and Ginny sat at a table in the Leaky Cauldron. You all sipped at fire whiskey and chatted at one another.

"So how did that happen?" Ginny finally asked, you figured the questions were coming.

"Yes I have to admit I am mighty curious," Hermione said "Draco lost so much of himself those last years. I wondered if he would ever recover." Hermione was a smart woman, she read people like no witch you'd ever seen.

"It was hard, we talked a lot. The things he went through... I can't imagine that" you looked at your drink.

"How did you even end up together?" Ginny asked

"Well, I was leaving breakfast when I ran into three men breathing him nearly to death in an alleyway. It'll actually be a year ago next week " Time flew so fast "when I found him, he was nearly dead. I took him home because I honestly didn't know what else to do. I nursed him back to health. He didn't have anywhere to go, so I let him stay with me"

"Wow. That's intense. Weren't you afraid?" Ginny asked, you thought for a moment. You had never even thought about him being scary, but I guess it made sense to some. He was an ex death eater who had nothing to lose. You could have ended up much worse off.

"No actually, I wasn't... oddly enough I haven't even thought about that until now." You chuckled. "Things definitely could have been way different"

"He's not the same Draco Malfoy from school I can tell you that" Hermione nodded, sipping deeply.

"He is, he's just... better" you flushed.

"You love him don't you?" Hermione asked, you looked up at her. Were you that obvious? "I can see it," she nodded "in the way you look at him. The way you just light up when he touches you." You couldn't help but scoff a little.

"Am I that easy to read?" You joked. They laughed and nodded

"Yeah sorry! You definitely are" Ginny cackled. "Have you told him?" She asked