-NLB

You and Draco kept in touch with everyone from that night. Having dinners here and there. Doing couple like things with other couples. It was really nice actually. You'd sat with a lot of the girls from that night, turned out Zabini was a serial offender. It was hard, he had a high position in the Ministry of Magic. So if you had no evidence, there wasn't anything you could do.

You were sitting with Draco at home, just reading when your owl came in. Hooting with a letter, dropping it to you. It had Draco's name on it.

"Open it" he said, he was invested in his book. You peeled open the letter. Skimming it.

Dear Mr. Malfoy,

We regret to inform you that your mother and father were both killed at an attempted break out of Azkaban.

Contact attorney at law, Longbottom at your earlier convenience to receive your inheritance.

-NLB

You looked at Draco, not even sure how to say what you had to say. He peeked up from his book, with questioning eyes.

"Draco, I don't know how to tell you this" you held the letter tight. "Your mother and father are gone Draco" He had to adjust for a second.

"They're... what?" He couldn't believe his ears.

"They're gone, babe."

"What happened?"

"Uhh, it says they were killed at an attempted prison break from Azkaban"

"Oh.. I- I don't know how to feel" he admitted to you. Guilt rushing over him.

"You don't have to feel anything if you don't feel it. Come here" you held you arms out to him, he laid there for a long time. Not talking, not doing anything. Draco reached for the letter, which you set on the coffee table ahead of you. Reading it for himself.

"Wait, NLB? Longbottom? Like Neville Longbottom?" He asked, holding the letter out to you.

"I think so, it must be"

"Inheritance? We lost everything when my dad went to Azkaban." He was mostly talking to himself now, you let him talk as he worked through that he needed to.

——

Draco we dressing in a pair of dress pants and a button up. You sat watching him on the bed, smiling at yourself as you watched him fix his hair the first 100th time. He was perfect as usual. He was getting ready to go talk with Neville, you had decided you would try to avoid that as much as possible. You hadn't seen Neville since the battle, and haven't really talked to him since he confessed his feelings for you at the beginning of 5th year, when you told him you couldn't be with him because you had to care for your dad. More than anyone you thought he would understand what it meant to watch your parents change. He ignored you after that, completely. You lost someone you considered a close friend. You hadn't told Draco any of this, infact, you never told anyone. You and Neville spent the next few years at Hogwarts avoiding eye contact. You watched in pain as he was tortured in your 7th year. Wishing you could just help him, you were deep in your memories before you realized Draco was talking to you.

"Y/n?" He was leaning on the bed watching you.

"I'm sorry I was thinking. What's up?"

"I said you'd better get up you lazy ass, we're going to be late"

"Oh" you stopped "I didn't think"

"I need you," you walked over grabbing your chin "I don't know how well I'll do alone"

And he wasn't alone, you felt yourself falling for him more and more everyday. The way he would chuckle at the funnies on the tv. Or how he nervously shuffled his shirt cuffs when he was anxious. Or even the way he kissed you.