We Have a Family...

The break between seeing someone was shorter the next time, only a few days actually. It was very much unexpected. Draco had you pinned to a wall in the living room when the building began to rumble. You stopped for a second when you heard it, unsure at first you nearly hadn't heard it over your moaning.

You both moved fast, grabbing for your clothing which lay scattered around. You'd barely pulled your pants back on when the men came in. Followed you Harry, who had stripped his disguise as he entered the living room. He looked at you both, who stood oddly straight in the corner of the living room.

"Are we... interrupting?" He coughed. Clearly embarrassed.

"Uhh no. It's okay. What's up? We were just.... uhhh We weren't excepting anyone for a while" you ran your fingers through your hair, trying your best to hide your obvious situation.

"We found Zabini. Come we should sit" he walked to the kitchen. Sitting at the table, you looked at Draco trying hard not to blush.

"He is currently being treated at a mental institution." Harry finally spoke "he insists that the dark lord is talking to him in his head. When we asked him what the dark lord would tell him to do, he confessed to a hand full of crimes. Including burning down your house and killing Eleanore ." You winched at her name, you had to admit you'd been keeping yourself pretty distracted and were able to forget the pain some days. Other days not really.

"He insists he's not working alone, though we have no grounds to believe he actually is working with anyone. But we have to keep looking to make sure. There is a light at the end of this tunnel for you both, we can almost see it. Because Zabini admitted to a handful of crimes, we will be giving him Veritaserum this evening. And hopefully, we have names by this time tomorrow evening." He seemed proud, happy with what he had managed. He deserved to be, you smiled big. Hugging Harry from your chair.

"Everyone misses you both. We will be happy when this is over and we can all see you. Ginny gave me this" Harry handed you a thick envelope. A letter no doubt pages long. "She misses you the most I think"

"Oh, how I miss her too. Give her a hug for me when you get home will you? Hermione too? And any Weasley there would be good" you wished you could do this yourself. It felt like you had gained a family one day, and were pulled from them the next.

"I can definitely do that. They're waiting eagerly for you both. I bet a letter from Arthur and Molly a few times a week asking for updates." Harry laughed. "Molly insisted I let her question Zabini. While she understood why I couldn't allow it. She was rather upset."

You didn't talk too long before they had to leave. You clung to your letter, excited beyond belief to read it. After they left both you and Draco sat at the table, he brewed your a pot of tea, you'd resume your... activities after you read the letter.

I miss you, was written maybe 15 times throughout the letter. Along with stories of quidditch games and how her tournaments were going. The Harpies might even make it to the Quidditch Cup this year!

"I hope we can go" you sighed, reading more.

"We will. Or at least I really hope so" Draco played lightly with your hair. There was nearly never a moment when he wasn't touching you, you held together like magnets.

Oh! And guess what I found out! Well father did actually while digging through some family records...

WERE COUSINS! Distant of course but still!

You gasped reading those words, you didn't know much about your father's extended family. So you'd never even thought about having cousins, especially ones like this. Draco held your shoulder, laughing at the words he skimmed just after you.

"It looks like you're not all alone after all"

"Neither are you" you reminded him, he had told you once upon a time he did have an uncle and a cousin. Although he never mentioned who, you just assumed you didn't know them. "We have a family..." you whispered. He nearly heard you speak "Draco we have a family" you couldn't help the tears. "Elenore would love this..." you sniffled.