Who would have thought??

You clasped your hands over your mouth. You couldn't move, you had to have been dreaming. He smiled at you for a long second. Worried you'd say now as you were silent for a second.

"Absolutely!" You screamed. Hugging him to you. He held you with one arm squeezing you tightly to him. All worries in his world were gone. There was only you.

You were about ready to faint when you heard your friends clapping from the window behind you. Had they known about this? You asked yourself your question was answered as you saw the camera in Hermione's hand. She winked at you, showing she caught it perfectly. It somehow fit you perfectly, almost like magic

It had gotten so late you all were more than easy to go to bed by the time the congratulations ceased. They all knew this was happening, Draco had pulled them all aside at the house while you were packing your things. And this girl's night was an excuse for them to go out and get your ring. Ginny and Hermione gave him a couple of amazing ideas, and in the end, while he listened he also went with his cut. It was a Smokey diamond in a triangle shape. A single stone on a silver band. It was absolutely perfect. You couldn't stop looking at it, it felt like if you took your eyes away from it for too long you would wake up and this was all going to be some crazy dream.

"We will see you both in the morning" Harry smiled at you, holding onto Ginny as they made their way to their room. Ron and Hermione had just left.

You got to your room, sitting on the bed. You would definitely have to get to find a place, so you could celebrate your engagement correctly.

—-

You woke up and looked right at your hand, nope, it was not a dream. You sighed with relief.

"Good morning" Draco laughed at you a little, seeing you find your hand right away as you woke.

"I just had to make sure I wasn't dreaming"

"Well, you're not. So you're stuck with me" he smiled it consumed his whole face.

"And I will happily be stuck" you grabbed him. Hugging him close to you on the bed. You caught yourself thinking for a moment. "So... am I taking your last name?"

"Do you want it?" He still felt weird about his name the majority of the time. Granted it hasn't been dragged through the mud so badly since Harry's book and the death of his parents.

"I think I do" you smiled, you were aware of his worry. But all that mattered to you was that you belonged to him.

You finally made your way downstairs, your hands laced. Walking into the kitchen you see Molly and Arthur Weasley sitting at the kitchen table. You released Draco's hand. Running to Molly, hugging her.

"How are you darling?" She smiled, you held your hand out to her. Her jaw dropped as she smiled big.

"Oh WOW! that's amazing you two congratulations!" She hugged you again.

"What are we congratulating?" Arthur Weasley walked up behind his wife, his hand resting softer on her back. You showed him the ring, his safe was soft and sweet.

"I am so happy for you, both of you" he looked at Draco, nodding once. He hugged you close, you closed your eyes. Thinking of your dad at that moment. Of course. How he would have Draco show him the ring first, making sure you'd like it. He would have insisted on being beside your friends in the window. He would hug your close, just like Arthur was. You heard his laugh ripple through your memory. He would be just so happy for you. When he heard you sniffle Arthur pulled away.

"Your dad would be so happy for you, I know he would be" this sent you over the edge. You cried. Trying hard not to make a scene as Ron and Hermione walked in.

"Dad, how do you always manage to make her sob?" Ron laughed.

"Sorry" you laughed back wiping tears from your face.

"I get it. I'd cry if I had to marry Malfoy too" Ron laughed at himself hard.

"Shut up Weasley!" Draco scowled, then smiled. They still found a way to rip on one another. If the nicest way possible of course.

"No really" Ron patted Draco in the back. "Gotta lock it down while they still like you" he winked at Hermione

"Yeah, before she comes to her senses right Ronald?" Hermione shot back, making a playful face at Ron.

"You kids are too much sometimes" Molly shook her head at all of you.

"Ginny told you what we found didn't she y/n? That your father is a distant cousin of mine?" Arthur seemed entirely obsessed with that fact.

"Yes, she did actually. You have no idea how happy I was to read that. It's like I got a whole family again" and you really did.

Molly looked at you and then to Draco "you both do. Welcome to the Potter Weasley family kids!"

Draco shook his head laughing loudly "who would have ever thought?! Me!"

You all laughed. It was kind of funny in so many ways.