Testing

You apperated with Draco to Hogwarts that Friday. He seemed so calm that he even made you wonder if you were over reacting. The last few nights were filled with practice tests and talking with friends who aced their NEWTS, even the ones whose aced in ones he wasn't taking.

"You can do it" you smiled at Draco as you held him close outside of the potions classroom.

"Come on in Malfoy" Minerva waved for Draco to come in. You kissed him quickly, trying your absolute best not to let him see how nervous you were.

You had to find something to do to ease your mind. You wandered around the halls of Hogwarts, seeing as it was class time most of the students wouldn't be roaming the halls which left them completely open to you.

You wandered deeper into the castle than you had allowed yourself before. Trying your hardest not to just let yourself pace in the same spot for too long. It wasn't until you started up a flight of moving stairs you were able to clear your mind.

"Pst" you heard as you let your legs carry you up another flight of stairs. You shot your eyes over to the wall, just barely catching as a flare of red hair flecked across the canvas.

"You're not sneaky Fred Weasley" you laughed as you saw him try and duck behind an elderly man a few paintings down.

"Ah y/n, I thought maybe I could trick you" he seemed disappointed as he went from frame to frame back to where you stood.

"You're one of the only tragically ginger paintings in this place Weasley, shouldn't you be at the Gryffindor common room door?" Fred had in the more recent years since his death taken the place of the fat lady who had once been there. Cracking jokes with new students and even locking some out at times.

"Ahh they'll be fine without me. I saw you pacing around and wanted to ask you some things"

You leaned against the staircase, watching as the people who were meant to be in the painting Fred now occupied roll their eyes.

"Go ahead Fred" you smiled at him, you had to admit sometimes you forgot he was just a painting. He seemed to much like himself, or the Fred you'd once known completely frozen in time.

"How's my brother?" He asked, though he had many you knew exactly who he meant

"He's well Fred, him and Angelina seem really happy together"

"I still can't believe that git stole my Yule ball date" he rolled his eyes. "And the others?"

"Ron is as annoying as ever, Ginny and the Harpies are actually training new players this week. Charlie is busy as ever, Bill and Fleur are expecting baby number two any week now. And Percy, well..." you thought for a second "Percy is just percy I guess"

"Still as much of a prat as ever?" he joked

"I don't see him much if I'm being honest. Draco and I have been busy" you smiled.

"Oh I am sure you have" Fred wiggled his eyebrows at you.

"Don't have me shake your frame Fred Weasley" you threatened.

"I'm only joking Y/n" he smiled "I like when you're here. All these older paintings are quite boring, and I can only play so many pranks of Collin and Lavender before they tell me to shove off forever." You knew Fred missed his family, though he and George had decided together that this was a better place for his portrait than the burrow, seeing Molly cry all the time was much for him to see. "Neville keeps me busy though. Having me snooping around the castle"

You cringed a little at the name, you hadn't bothered to tell Fred or anyone at Hogwarts really what had happened between you two. It was far too messy for all of that.