Target

"We found him.. Goyle Senior" Harry told you both at the kitchen table the next afternoon. "He was plotting with several others to attack this Wizard muggle family. We were able to stop them just in time, along with catching three other rouge eaters"

"That's amazing Harry, is that family okay?" You asked

"They will be" he nodded "he knows you're here" he paused.

"What's wrong Harry?" You asked.

"They keep talking about you" he looked at Draco. "Stuff about your mission and losing your wand."

"I figured they would be... " he looked like he was thinking hard, his face stern.

"We could always..." Harry started speaking

"I won't go into hiding again Harry... I can't" it felt like you were always running from something. And you were just sick of it. "Most of these rouge eaters should be wandless right?"

"Yes, but that doesn't mean they haven't found new ones."

"Well I guess then we will have to keep our eyes out. I am fucking sick of running away"

"We have to at least send you home.." Harry just nodded, knowing there was no changing your mind.

"She asked for you again, she nearly bit one of the Zealand guys when they got too close to her"

"I don't know if I can handle that again today Harry."

"Do you think it's true? What she said about your father obliviating you?"

"I think so. But I can't really only imagine he would do it if there was something he really didn't want me to remember... how I wish I could ask him"

"There's a lot of things I wish I could ask my parents too y/n. If my mom was the one sitting in that jail cell... I'd want to know why"

He was right, and somewhere inside of you, you knew that.

"So when can I talk to her again?"

"Maybe tomorrow. I am pushing it allowing you both in there though. There are tight protocols. But I think I can manage a final visit before she goes to Azkaban" you felt your heart stop with his words. The papers back home would absolutely eat this up. The wife of Draco Malfoy, their token good boy death eater, having a rough death eater mom so has been running around killing muggles.

"How do you manage being in the paper all the time" you leaned your head into your hand.

"Well I have been stuck in some part of the paper since I was a baby... I guess after a while you get used to it"

"Should you though?"

"Maybe if we were in the prophet for something like saving the world it would be a lot easier" Draco spoke, his voice riddled with anger.

"Either way Draco..." you watched him "it's shitty"

"I wish I could say it gets easier. Having people watching you all the time. But it doesn't" Harry was talking to Draco now, who was leaning back in his chair.

"I thought after Hogwarts that everything would be okay. I guess I'm a moron for thinking that" Draco stood, leaving you and Harry sitting in the kitchen.

"He'll be okay" you assured Harry, who watched after him worried.

"You know him better than I do" he sat down in a chair near you. "He's right though. I hoped maybe after Voldemort was dead that somehow the world would just become normal... "

"Maybe this is normal" you felt yourself chewing on your cheek.

"Well I bloody hope not" he groaned.