Now

Draco beat you down to the kitchen, you took your time brushing your hair and pulling on your slippers. He said he would heat up the food and to take your time.

As finally made your way downstairs when you noticed he had turned town the lights.

You cracked open the door to the kitchen, where Draco stood at the table. Your eyes fell to a small cake on the table, it's dark frosting decorated with small flowers.

"I know you're sad we didn't get to cut our cake... so I ordered us one" he explained once he saw your face.

"Draco" you walked to him, your heart pounding. He seemed to bounce like an eager child. Waiting desperately for your words.

"It's from that shop in London you really like..." he seemed like he was starting to get nervous.

"Draco" you looked at him now, tears in your eyes. "I love you"

He smiled, pulling your body to his. "I love you" he kissed the top of your head softly, lingering there.

You finished your dinner, making sure to leave room for the cake that you kept looking at.

"Here" he said handing you the knife. "Cut it"

You slid the knife through the cake with ease, the sweet cream folding under the pressure.

"How did you even manage? I thought they were closed today?" Sunday's were always a weird time in London.

"I paid a little extra" he shrugged. Which no doubt meant a stupid about of money.

"You're lucky I love this so much. Otherwise we'd be having a conversation about money" you giggled as you served the two of you. Sitting close to one another at a table meant for many.

"I actually wanted to talk to you about that" he nodded, eating a fork full of dark sweetness. "I think you should go back to school"

"But... I don't know if I could be alone like that" you sighed, there was no way you would be able to concentrate if you were worrying about if he was being murdered al day.

"You won't be alone... I'm thinking I'll go with you"

"You can just come to classes with me dork" you rolled your eyes

"No I mean.. I think I'm going to go to school" he nodded

"Wait. Really?" You couldn't help but smile, he had hinted at trying to find a job which you both knew would be hard.

"Maybe I'll become a healer..." he watched you closely, analyzing your face for any details.

"That would be..." you stopped

"Perfect? Considering how tragedy prone we are?" He laughed, which it was the truth, it was a sad one.

"At my school?" You honestly didn't know for sure if it even was your school anymore since it had been a while since you'd gone back. Your college friends had stopped asking, and the college stopped even sending you letters. You'd probably have to reapply.

"I think so... if you think I can get in?"

"You have amazing records, even with all the stuff you went through. Besides" you took a bite of your cake "you're kind of a celebrity". He chuckled at your words, but didn't deny it. People knew the name Malfoy almost as much as they knew the name Potter.

"I'll have to play that up in my application letters" he raised his eyebrow at you. Something hit you suddenly.

"I'll have to reapply as a Malfoy as well"