A muggle

You awoke the next morning, the sun glistening in the window like it had your entire life. It lit up perfectly on Draco's skin giving him this absolutely Godlike glow you don't think you could ever get used to. You rose, careful not to wake him. There was one room you wanted so badly to see, but for some reason wanted to do it alone.

You crept from your place in your room, the floor luckily was so new it didn't creak.

You opened the door to the door at the far end of the hall, its large black wood heavy on the hinges. It was just as you remembered, for a split second you thought your father would be sitting in the rocking chair in the corner reading like he always used to do. You walked slowly into the room, it seemed although everything was the same there that the one thing missing was the smell it used to have. After your dad died it still somehow managed to smell like his after shave, the spices held the air for years. Or maybe it was all in your memory because you could have sworn for a second you could smell it again, but then when you didn't something in your chest cracked, the same way it has been a lot lately. You made your own way to the chair, sitting in it. You let yourself wander back, the window just beside you let you look out into the backyard. You could see the structure that used to be the elves quarters, it in all honesty was the only thing left of the original house it felt almost like a ghost.

"I tried to find a bottle of that aftershave your father used" Draco pulled you back from your place in your memories "But i couldn't find it anywhere"

You smiled at him "You wouldn't find it here. It's an American brand. My father was a sucker for American things"

He scoffed, his mouth pulled into a gentle smile.

"Remember when I saved you, you said you had no way to pay me back" you spoke to him as you looked back out of the window.

"Of course I do"

You turned to him, your eyes welling over with tears. "I think now I know how you really felt that night. Because I don't know if I can ever repay you for this"

-

"Hello Ms. Y/M/N" the man in Flourish and Blotts spoke as you brought books to the counter. "Now I know you don't have children old enough to be in their 6th and 7th years" he looked at the books on the counter.

"No I don't," you smiled at him "And its Mrs. Malfoy now" His face was shocked, you and Draco had separated to make your run to Diagon Alley faster, by now you figured he was getting done at Amanuensis Quills stocking up on ink.

"Mrs. Malfoy?" he questioned "well isn't that absolutely curious. I thought all the Malfoy's had been killed off in that Azkaban attempt" he clicked away at the register in front of him.

"Draco was not involved" you informed him, your voice stern.

"Ahhh" he just nodded. "That will be 215 pound"

"Bill my account at Gringotts please, last name Malfoy" you had, once you were married, merged your accounts.

"Mrs. Malfoy" you heard someone laugh a little from behind you, you turned as saw Theodore Nott standing behind you. His hand on the shoulder of a small boy, his spitting image. "I don't think I could ever get used to hearing that one"

"Theodore!" you beamed as you moved to hug him, Theodore and his younger brother Thomas were in the small lot of Slytherins that had fought that night at the Battle so you kept in touch with then, Thomas more so than Theodore, who always seemed to be busy with whatever. He hugged you back, patting your jacket. "How have you been Theodore, I can never seem to get you to write me back. Though Thomas is always writing me back" The little boy reached for your hand suddenly, startling you a little. "Hello there" you smiled at him. "Who is this handsome boy" the little boy must not have been more than 3.

"This is my son, Colin" Theodore patted the little boy's dirty blonde hair.

"Colin?" You smiled up at Theodore, Colin had been one of the students that died that day, he had actually died saving Theodore's life when Theodore was attacked by a spider. "Hello Colin, my name is y/n its so nice to meet you"

"Here you are Mrs. Malfoy" The man behind the counter spoke as he handed you the bag of books.

"And who are you buying books for? Light reading" Theodore laughed.

"No actually, Draco is meant to take his NEWTs this year. He never did get to do it"

"Well I can imagine why not. So will he be at Hogwarts then?" he laughed a little "I imagine talking those halls is strange for Draco"

"Oh no not until he's ready for testing" you still knelt, the small boy still holding your hand.

"You look like one of those ladies in the books mommy reads me" he spoke, his eyes hard on your face.

"And what kinds of books are those?" you giggled at him.

"The mermaid ones" you were a little shocked at his words, looking up at Theodore.

"Oh no no, he means this muggle book called Peter Pan" he laughed at your face.

"Oh merlins beard" you sighed "Good, I was going to be a little hurt"

"Me mums a muggle" the little boy smiled at you, his little face lighting up.

"A muggle?" you looked at Theodore again, who just nodded.

"Yeah she is"

"Oh how things have changed Theo" you finally stood, his child's hand still in yours.

"You're telling me. Mrs. Malfoy" he said mockingly.

"He would love to see you Theodore, he was just buying some ink" you grabbed the bag of books from the counter.

"I would love to, but I am supposed to meet the Mrs. after work"

"Well, then, I assume you will write?"

"I will do my best." he nodded.

"Nott" you heard Draco's voice suddenly in the shop. He also held a bag in his hand.

"Malfoy" he turned and looked at Draco. Nott seemed nervous all of a sudden. "Well we really must be going." he nearly rushed by Draco, who looked confused at you. You shrugged at him, that was honestly really odd.

"He married a muggle you know" you smiled at Draco over you cup of tea at The Leaky Cauldron.

"Did he now? Last I remember he was as bad as I was" Draco chuckled.

"Well people change now don't they"

-

"I swear I don't know how any of us did this back then" Draco leaned into his hand over his Herbology textbook.

"We have nothing else to do I guess, and having the guided learning and all the other special stuff made it worth it I think. I spoke to McGonagall you know" you sat across from him at the kitchen table.

"Did you?" he seemed surprised, at times you still managed to amaze him.

"Yeah, she said if you'd like you can come and sit in one a few classes here and there. I know being at Hogwarts may seem stressful, but I don't know how else we're going to make this class work" you held the Advanced Potions class book in your hand. "A lot of this is hands on"

"Well I also don't know much about Herbs but I don't think sitting in on Longbottoms class is a good idea" he shook his head looking down at the words on the page.

"Minerva said we could apparate in. She could make it accessible to us"

You could hear Draco tapping his foot on the floor.

"I don't know if I can handle looking at Neville" Draco admitted.

"Then... don't?"

"I will have to think about it.."

Well..." you stood, "Don't think too long. The next term starts in a week"

You were nearly asleep by the time Draco wandered upstairs, how hair a little messy and his clothes wrinkled.

"I'll go" he let himself slump into the bed beside you. "But I won't wear a uniform" he looked at you.

"Thats too bad" you smirked "that would have been really hot"