CHAPTER I

Reminiscing about memories in his mind, Xiao Yu walked casually towards his apartment when he saw a child in the middle of the highway with a huge car approaching as fast as lightning, about to crash into the poor child. His body moved automatically to run as fast as he could to save the child.

He pushed the child away, but the terrifying force unfortunately blew out his candle of life.

Darkness directly surrounded him. He could feel that he was floating in a vacuum, searching for some light to guide him. Suddenly, a small twinkling light popped out of nowhere. Xiao Yu observed it carefully and found out that it was a small winged creature.

"Ah, how adorable you are," he said.

"Welcome, host. I'm System 02202103571," she said with a cute female voice.

"That was far too long to remember," he replied, giving her a small smile.

"As you might know, I'm a system that will guide you to your new world. Because of your heroic act, the gods have given you the chance to have a new life again. However, the decision is still in your hands if you want to accept this chance or just die completely," she stated.

"Okay, that was way too harsh for a little adorable creature like you! Can I erase the word 'adorable' earlier? Because you're kind of a bitch!" he retorted.

He blinked a few times, trying to weigh things out, but in the end, he agreed to live again. He hoped it wouldn't be as horrible as before.

"Since the host has decided, then welcome to your new world. Prepare! 1%...30%...75%...100%," she stated. After that, he was blinded by a white light and felt a lot of pain in his head.

"I guess it was a mistake to choose to live again!" he shouted, unable to hold the pain anymore, until he blacked out.