Chapter 33

Xiao yu is wounded seriously. He accumulated poison and was stabbed on his abdomen.

The clouds becoming thicker and thicker. The first strike of lightning descended.

" bloodline ice blossom! "

When the lightning and the ice blossom meet, it causes a loud bang. The near cave even shoke. Xiao yu sat into a lotus position, carefully absorbing the energy between the heaven and earth. The first strike is the weakest, though he wasn't completely hit by it, the impact is still terrifying.

' this lightning had a monstrous current of electricity! '

The sky is preparing once again. Xiao yu throw the jade sword into the air. The once single sword  multiplied into several pieces dancing above xiao yu.

~bannnggg~

Another one has come. The sword absorbs the thunder yet their are still certain fragments that landed on xiao yu.

He held his chest holding another bucket of blood not to come.

' this place may be the burial place of myself. How pity, how pity. '

He close his eyes trying to ease the pain from inside. A golden cultivator will face 5 streak of lightning to be fully promoted. So all in all there are still 3 streak that xiao yu needed to surpass.

Three lightning ruthlessly sway towards xiao.

" fuck! Why did this three attack at once! I can't take it on time. "

He covered himself with the thickest ice he can ever mastered. He hold his self still waiting for the thunder to smash him, but still hoping it won't.

" what happened? Why didn't the lightning hit me? "

His body is glowing with faded blue light, meaning to say he completely overcome the tribulation. He undo the ice covering him just to see that xianlan is kneeling in front of him throwing blood.

" You... you stupid! How can you do that! Have you even thought that it might kill you. Are you out of your mind? " seeing xianlan at this state already speak that he is the one who endured those lightning.

" Did I worried my wife? Moreover, with your current state it is impossible for you to overcome it. I just can't stay there looking at my most beloved wife being struck by a lightning. Besides, I need to protect you at all cos_" Xianlan didn't even finish when he puke another mouthful of blood.

" stupid! "

He supported xianlan to stand up.

" wait, how did you handled that three fierce lightning? "

He just woke up from several days of sleeping without cultivating so it's impossible for him to have so much strength.

" That capricorn help me, though I don't who summoned that one but it was beside me the moment I open my eyes. My current strength wasn't that strong enough so I burnt almost half of my cultivation to borrowed my full strength at once temporarily. " he smile towards xiao yu caressing his face.

Xiao yu push the hand of xianlan and check xianlan's pulse. His power is indeed deducted almost half. He can now be compared to a level 3 golden phase. A level 5 golden phase that eventually had a strength of level 3, isn't it unacceptable? Those years of his cultivation go into vein.

" ho...how, could you do that! You should just let me handle that one. Now, look at you, you're an emperor for goodness sake. Your strength is a must! How can you just throw your life casually?" Xiao yu take step backward from xianlan. He  can't believe that xianlan is willing to do that to him.

" An emperor should protect his people. If I can't even protect my beloved family, I rather strip my position then die. Do you think I'm still qualified to be called as an emperor when I can't even save a single person? So don't think too much, through cultivation if I can breakthrough I can have the possibility to restore all my wasted prowess. What's important today is you're safe, okay? " With a smile on his lips he speak nonchalantly.

" Nonetheless, I can feel that not long this realm will open again about this time. " he added.

Because xiao yu got promoted his qi was replenish. His wound got successfully healed so as the poison.

Both of them went back to the cave to take a rest waiting for the realm to open again. Xianlan started to cultivate slowly until down.

" xianlan I guess you should take a sleep don't exhaust yourself too much. Beside,  I can protect you know  completely. "

" were you that worried about me? Since you said so, then I will rely to my wife's protection today and take a sleep. " He then laugh.

' okay, so please calm down the mouth of this person is too much! When will he stop calling me wife.'

Hours had past and xianlan finally got carried into his dreamland.

" sleep " a shining dust got poured into xianlan's face. It is a sleeping dust that xiao yu created.

" this is for your own sake. Moreover, I don't want to owe anyone in this lifetime. "

Xiao yu release his spiritual qi turning into a pill. He consume two level of his cultivation making him to become a flat golden phase again.

What he did was like breaking his own cultivation which is very painful. His face is cracking throughout the process as he bare the pain with silence.

" this should be enough to fill up the prowess you've burnt earlier. "

He put the pill into xianlan's mouth. Slowly it got dissolve. Afterwards, he lifted the sleeping enchantment on xianlan and he then slowly heal himself.

" what a hassle life, full of pain and sacrifices. "

Not long xianlan woke up and soon a portal finally appeared above. They flew there directly and after the travel between time and space,  they're finally back at the mountain , back where they was before.

" yuyu, what happened to you ? Why did you become so pale? Or where there someone that attacked us while I am asleep?" the anxious xianlan asked worriedly.

" xianlan, no need to worry. Maybe I'm just a little bit exhausted. Let's go home, I want to rest." The pain of breaking his cultivation is unbearable. It will took time to fully fixed his shattered spirit added by breaking out his cultivation is like cutting half of his body so it's understandable for him to look pale.

Xianlan who didn't put too much thought about it just nodded then teleported themselves right directly to their room.