Chapter 36

Can't ignore the request of the emperor, xiao yu simply said " okay ".

" then I'll be back after I'm done dealing with the problem of the snake rampage at the western part of the  border. " said by the emperor as he sigh. Being an emperor means you got the problem of heaven and earth on your shoulder and it's just so tiring.

" when did it happened?" Things hasn't go well. This empire is restless against intruders. Being a kind hearted xiao yu is, knowing it will harm a lot of people, he can't help to know about it more.

" The general Qin reported the day you disappeared, that's why I haven't solve it yet because I'm busy looking for you."

The word ' guilty  ' is squeezing xiao yu's mind and heart. But even so, the tinkling sensation he felt can't be ignore.

The fact that he haven't seen the emperor for a quite time, he just see xianlan becoming more and more appealing that he can't help to reprimand himself not to look too much to the man.

" I'll go with you to court, can I?" To at least lessen the trouble he caused, he wanted to help to solved the problem.

The disappearance of the empress was unbeknown to outside of the castle. After all, the merrier the people to know it, the greater the tendency to put the empress In danger.

" aren't you tired? You can take a rest first. I'll be back to have dinner with you." Taking consideration. Even though he love to bring xiao yu to the court especially after hearing that because the empress was wearing  thick veil she had a hideous face. Even he hate people to appreciate the beauty of his empress he also don't like the feeling that people are slandering the image of his empress.  But because he just gotten back from who knows where,  he might be tired so he still insisted for the empress to rest.

" I'm not tired at all. I spent my time resting so I'm really not tired. Beside,  I think the situation will gotten more serious if we can't exterminate it  early. "

Xianlan is contemplating for a while and gently said " give me your hand, I'll check your pulse ."

To ensure that he really is okay, he must check his internal body.

Xiao yu extended his hand to xianlan, without knowing the hidden purpose on it. The emperor want to see the cultivation state of xiao yu, to satisfy his assumption. Xianlan carefully examined it and to found out that his cultivation indeed decreases. But luckily other than that, everything seems fine.

When xiao yu notice the distorted face of xianlan he shrug his wrist to be freed. Fearing that he might now what happened.

" why did your cultivation level decreases?" He might want to talk it later but he can't hold it now.

" did you remember the ancient spirit beast at the  realm? I was infected by some poison on it's blood that drain some of my prowess, so my level decreases by a bit. "

As expected, he would lie. Xianlan don't know why  xiao yu is lying about this. But he won't push xiao yu more. So he pretended not knowing the truth.

" since you're persistent, then let's go. " xianlan entangled his hand into xiao yu's, while he carefully drag him to the court.

Wang xian and mara Is still waiting outside, when they saw that xiao yu is being taken away  by the emperor .

" brother xian, seems like our empress already forgotten us! How sad could it be! " mara teased the crying wang xian.

Wang xian upon hearing this, is about to die from heartbreak! His poor brother xiao has forgotten him!

When the emperor and the empress arrived at the morning court. The ministers so as the General and his assistant is already there waiting.

" Welcome his highness the emperor! " they said in unison. They haven't recognized the empress, since this is their first time seeing the face of the empress. Thus, they don't know how to address the fairy in front of them.

Instead for the emperor to walk to his throne. He haven't taken a single step when he notice that they haven't greeted the empress.

" Audacious! You all have the guts to ignore the presence of the empress!" Though he know that they might never recognize xiao yu, but he still felt sore over it.

" it's okay, xianlan don't blame them. " it's not really their fault actually. Xiao yu comforted the emperor.

Everyone in the court kneel down instantly after knowing that the person in front of them is the empress ang they even ignore it.

" your majesty the empress, this servant is at fault for not able to recognise the empress ! please forgive us!" Experiencing how the previous week they've been suffocated by the emperor's aura when the empress was missing. They are still having a trauma! Now that they offended the empress, their soul is about to die first.

" it's okay, everybody stand up. It's not your fault anyway so don't worry. "

" thanking her majesty for her mercy!" They said out loud before they dare to stand up.

The emperor take his throne. He want xiao yu to sit with him but xiao insisted that he will just going to stand up beside him.

" your majesty, the supply and stock of grain and many daily necessities of living was lessen for more than half. If this will continue, by year, we can't able to support the population of the empire and may suffer starvation. " Minister Hua of supply reported with a solemn face.

After a few minutes of silence as the emperor is thinking he finally open his mouth.

" Send some spy to report what happened to the farm where we are getting our stocks and also  investigate the flow of trades lately. Identify those who purchase huge amount of supplies and report it on me. To temporarily solve this, visit those small farms and try to purchase their stocks by half. Since we only purchased stocks from bigger farm, I assume that those small one had few leftover. But as much as possible we need to add more people to take good care of the farm that will only offer the products to the empire. So we can have stable source of supply. "

" many thanks to your guidance your majesty! "

" BAD NEWS! BAD NEWS! "

All of the attention was directly diverted to eunuch that was shouting non stop!

" you calm down first! What happened?" The empress gently said.

" your majesty, the guard reported that the snakes are attacking again and this time is more stronger than before. Almost all of the soldiers there are already dead!" The eunuch was breathless but still managed to said everything in one go.

" General prepare the troops that is already ready. "

The General saluted then hurriedly go.

" the court dismissed!"

The ministers also followed the exit next.

" yuyu, I need to go there right now to hold the snake up until the General will arrive! You can take a rest first. "

" No! I'll go with you. Hurry! We don't have much time left. "

Before xianlan could react. Xiao yu was already out.

In between the battle of half snake half human beast vs the soldiers, xiao yu and xianlan appears in front of them.

Xiao yu felt something wrong with his abdomen. He somewhat feel a pulse inside him. And unfortunately he is already at the battlefield so he can't examine it more clearly. Hence, he still send his Qi inside him, just to try to know the sudden turbulence. Only to found out something that makes his eyes widen in surprise !

" Impossible! How could it be !"