Chapter 26

The ascension of the emperor is a blessing to everyone. More power, means more secure from harm.

The empress dowager is currently recuperating to her chamber from her injuries so as xiao yu.

The minister extend their greatest congratulation to the emperor during the morning court. They give a lot of present such as precious herb and more.

If a lot will know, that the empress and the empress dowager are currently healing. It would not be a good thing at all. Especially those women in the harem. So, the emperor ensure that except for the trusted servant, no one will no about this. Thus, the information is unbeknown to the higher officials.

Even when he is healing, xiao yu, mara and Wang xian still continued their cultivation every day and night. Soon both Wang xian and mara successfully mastered the Qi sustaining method. The process is not so difficult after all. To master the Qi sustaining method, when a cultivator used his/her spiritual power at the same time he must absorb the energy of the nature so the meridian won't dry out.

Xiao yu really envy the emperor for promoting so fast. He, on the other hand is still a one level golden phase. But he can feel the raging power that is rumbling inside him. He believe that not long he will be promoted as well.

Since his injuries are healed and he already stay hidden for quite long, he know that he need to show his self to the public. When he was recuperating, a lot of Concubine and even the imperial consort wished for his audience. But because he was injured back then, the guards didn't let anyone to enter in accordance with the emperors order.

He know that this bitches won't stop pestering him, for who knows what reason. He decided to met the harem today.

He decided that he would no longer wear a veil to cover his face, because honestly it's really tiring and hassle as hell! Beside he can now protect himself more than ever.

He wore a pitch simple robe and a small crown on his head, indicating his position as the empress. Since he don't like wearing those heavy dresses intended for the empress, the emperor let him wear anything he wants as long as he will wear his crown. Signifying, he is his. A great move indeed!

Because he always put a veil. Rumor began to spread out that she had a monster and a very hideous face. Thus, he tend to hide it to anyone because of a great shame. And of course those who are ignorant will believed.

The moment he go out from his yard. The servants are about to scream as they thought they're being intrude by an immortal!

The way xiao yu gracefully bring himself naturally brought shock to everyone. The way he smile emphasize his beauty more. Seeing the crown he was wearing they just then realized that she is their empress.

A/N: I used ( she ) when it's about the thought of the servants since they thought he is a woman.

The carriage is waiting outside the Phoenix palace to escort the empress to the pavilion where the meeting of the women will be held.

When xiao yu was gone. That's the time the servants and guard was back from themselves.

When the empress arrived. All the women in the harem are already there waiting for her arrival.

" The empress has arrived" the eunuch announced the arrival of the empress.

" Good day, your majesty. May you live in a thousand years!" The women greeted him.

" Let's put down the formalities since we are all family here. Everyone be seated." Xiao yu know that this women are good at acting so he play along.

" I heard that your majesty had a hideous face. But it turns out that you're such a beauty." Concubine Lau rong said.

" You must be kidding, sister Lau. How can you believe with those rumor! Only those who are stupid would believe with those." Concubine Shao Xing laughingly said.

Here we go again! Xiao yu just watched how those women battle with words. It's amusing how they manage to maintain their gracefulness at this moment.

" I heard you are so powerful your majesty. I hope I can have the honor to duel with you today." Imperial consort Wei ruo stated.

Among all these women, she is the most powerful one. She is atleast at nine level of silver phase. She is good at martial arts and swords.

" Despicable! How dare you to challenge the empress!" Mara said

" It's okay, mara. Of course imperial consort Wei ruo. It would be nice." Xiao yu stopped mara and just accept the duel.

He long understand that this imperial consort want to embarrass him in front of everyone if ever he will lost. But he want to know how powerful this proud imperial consort.

" Imperial consort. You must be kidding. The empress is so powerful that she even defeated the general!" Some consort said. But she didn't mind it all. She is certain that she can defeat the empress.