Angel x Veteran: Comfort

~

A/n: Okay, I was SO bored. I don't ship this, I honestly just wanted to write something different. Don't kill me, Angel x Sheriff and Player x Veteran shippers.

Let's make this the cutest shit ever.

~

Angel's POV~

~

Sheriff's so mean to me.

Everything I do, he finds a mistake. Everything I say, he yells at me.

Tears rolled out of my eyes when Sheriff shouted: "I'm done, Angel!"

Sheriff was my boyfriend for about a year. Things were great at first until I started to lose my grace.

I hate myself. I wish I could be the perfect angel I once thought I was. I wish I could be everything Sheriff wanted.

Deciding to leave the lobby, I decided to join one that I haven't played in for a long while.

When I spawn into the lobby, my usual yellow suit was replaced with a hot-pink colored suit.

Captain gasps. "Angel, is that you? Long time no see!"

Chuckling wholeheartedly at Captain's words, I mumble, "Yeah, nice to see you again."

"I almost didn't recognize you with that pink suit," he says, chortling a bit. "Veteran's yellow."

"Veteran? I don't think we've met before."

His mouth curves into an 'o'. "Let me grab him, he's probably with my bestie."

His bestie? I thought, raising my eyebrow.

Player notices me almost immediately. "Angel, is that you?!"

"Yep," I exclaim, "Hi, Player!"

A tall-yellow figure stood next to him. He wore a golden crown which matched perfectly with his suit.

"So this is Angel," he says, "The one you thought I was last Christmas?"

Player nods and says, "Yeah, I've only played with her once. Also, where's Sheriff?"

My heart nearly stops at the mention of his name. "U-Uh," I stutter, "He was too tired to switch lobbies, so I decided to myself."

"Hey dudes and dudettes, I'm going to start the game," Stoner says.

Impostor.

My alibi was none other than Veteran himself.

Everyone spawns into Polus, dropping off their keys in the dropship. Veteran and I pretend to do so, then we head to admin where we take Player's life.

"So, Veteran," I start, "How long have you been playing Among Us?"

"Honestly, not long. Player introduced me to this game a few months ago. By the way, Player hasn't won a game yet."

"What, really? Not even as a crewmate?"

He chuckles a bit. "Never. Not even as a crewmate. In some ways, I kind of feel bad for him. I even invited Ninja to join so Player could win, but nope, Player still lost."

"Poor soul," I mumble.

Dead body reported.

"Where?" Mother asks, holding her children close.

"Admin," Gentleman claims, "MrCheese and I walked in on it."

Everyone says their whereabouts, and we decide to skip the vote.

After the meeting, Veteran and I decide to split up. I head to weapons, knife in hand.

Captain was there, clearing asteroids. He was alone, so I did what had to be done.

His head lands on the ground with a thump, and his corpse lay lifelessly on the cold, metal ground.

As I walked out of weapons, clearing my tracks, my mind was stuck on Sheriff. I still loved him, even though he said it was over...

Oh, why do I have to care so much?

Wiping my warm teardrops away, I focus on my main objective. To win this game with Veteran.

I was worried that I'd mess it up. Just like how I messed everything up with Sheriff and I.

Why am I such a failure?

I couldn't stop myself from shedding tears. I sat on the icy-cold ground of Polus, weeping quietly to myself.

~

I've been sitting here for almost an hour. I'm surprised no one found Captain's body yet.

Footsteps approach me, and I wipe my visor. I can't let people know I'm weak.

"Angel?" Veteran exclaims, "What are you doing here?"

"H-Huh?" I whisper, confused.

He chuckles a bit. "The game ended a while ago, why are you still on Polus?"

"It did...?"

"Yeah, I didn't know it was possible to stay on Polus after the game ends... Ehh, I'm a noob, I guess I didn't know it was possible. But, uh, what are you doing here, anyway?"

Sniffing inaudibly, I manage to say, "I- I lost track of time, that's all."

He raises his eyebrow. "Lost track of time? How?"

I looked him in the eye, and it seemed like he genuinely cared. I didn't want to lie, I mean, angels don't lie.

I explain everything to him, from when Sheriff and I just met, to when he decided to end it. I sobbed, and Veteran pulls me into a friendly hug.

"Angel," he whispers, "Don't listen to him. He's wrong, you're perfect just the way you are. He's a jerk."

I return the hug gently, weeping over his shoulder. "But how would you know that? We just met."

He sighs and says, "Well, usually when I meet people, they aren't as welcoming and kind as you were. Blue for example..." he mumbles, "He was just flat-out toxic from the start."

"T-Thanks, Veteran," I whisper, "I needed that."

He nods, and we stay in this position for a few more moments until he gently releases me.

"You know, Angel," he says, "Pink really suits you, even though yellow's your main."

I blush and mumble, "Yeah, and the yellow suits you. It matches with your crown."

He extends his hand. "C'mon, Angel, forget about him. He doesn't deserve someone like you."

I grab his hand and whisper, "You know what, you're right."

We exit the cold climate of Polus, hand-in-hand, enjoying each other's company.

~

That was pretty platonic in its own way, ngl-

Happy new year!

Flare, out.