Gnome x Engineer: The love potion. (1/5)

~

A/n:

Part 1/5: The love potion

~

Gnome's POV~

~

I hate her.

How could she do this to me? How could she take my Engie away from me?! How could she?!

My blood starts to boil at the sight. Mother had Engineer all in her control. Whatever she wanted from him, he'd do it.

She's such a witch.

Literally.

I bet you're confused. I bet you're wondering why sweet, sweet Mother has my Engie all tied up in her grasp.

Well, here's the story of the love potion. Read carefully, or you might not understand it at all. Hopefully, it won't take over your mind like his...

~

"Oh, Engie! What are you building?!" It was a beautiful summer evening on Earth. We had just completed our jobs as astronauts. Don't let this fool you, though. We still lived with our other crewmembers, just in case we were needed immediately.

"Oh, actually, babe, I'm testing out a few elixirs," he replies, not taking his eyes off the bottle. I was a bit irritated by his lack of acknowledgment, but I kept my composure. "Oh... That's nice, babe. I'm gonna go check on the others."

"Okay."

I frown and enter the dorm. Most of the crewmembers were either watching MrCheese and Veteran brawl or were just ignoring them.

"I bet I could eat twice as many chocolate bars as you could!" MrCheese challenges, raising his fists.

"I could eat ten times as many as you could!" Veteran counters. The two of them continue to argue and throw a threatening punch every now and then. Player and Gentleman were trying to stop them but quit after a while.

"They're hopeless," Player says with a facepalm. Gentleman nods and rolls his eyes.

The only sane person here was Mother. In case you didn't know, Mother's children were currently at a daycare center. Her ex husband was taking care of their kids for the summer.

Mother was currently splayed out on the couch, watching the whole thing go down. She could honestly care less at this point.

Mother was a really good friend of mine. She was always there for me, listening to my problems. She was always kind and soft towards me.

"Hey, Mother," I greet with a wave, sitting down next to her. She smiles warmly and waves back, shifting over to grant me a bit of room. "Hello, Gnome! Trying to escape their dumb shenanigans too?"

"You read me," I say, tiredly rolling my eyes, "They're always like this. When will it end?"

"Yeah..."

The two of us sit in a comfortable silence. I liked being around Mother— she had such a good vibe.

"Babe! Come here!" Engie shouts, snapping me out of my thoughts.

"Coming!" I shout back. I send Mother a sorry glance before dashing outside.

"Look," he says, gently tapping the tube. It was filled with a bubbly-pink liquid. It was so... hypnotic...

"Babe...?"

I snap out of it instantly. "Y-Yeah?"

"This elixir is... Well, different from the rest. It can make a person fall hopelessly in love with who they truly desire."

My eyes light up. If I sprayed this onto Engineer, he'd show much more love towards me! Oh, how I'd love that...

"Oh!" I exclaim, trying my hardest not to act to excited. Engineer places the tube back down and says, "Can you watch the elixir, babe? If it spills, everyone within a fifty-feet radius will me affected!"

I nod. "You can count on me, Engie!"

"Good, I'll be right back." With that, he enters the house. Once he's completely out of sight, I pick up the tube. He had a small spray bottle filled with water. I empty the contents and smirk.

He's finally gonna show me much more love. Oh, finally, what I've always wanted...

"Guys!" I heard Captain shout, "MrEgg and I are going to go shopping!"

I hide the bottle as I watch them exit the house. Once I'm in the clear, I take the bottle back out.

"Alright... I can't spill it," I mumble. I carefully tilt the tube.

The contents of the elixir slowly fall into the spray bottle. "Not too much or he'll be suspicious..."

"Hey, Gnome!" Player exclaims. I screech in surprise and throw the tube in the air. Everything happens in slow motion.

I attempt to catch the tube in midair, but the tube swoops through the cracks of my fingers. My eyes widen in horror as I watch the tube hit the concrete ground. The tube shatters, causing all of the vibrant pink fluid to spill out.

Pink mist clouds my vision. I start to choke on it. My vision becomes more and more blurred, until...

~

"Agh!"

I stand up. I was covered from head to toe in pink dust.

"Engie...? Shit," I mumble, "He's gonna hate me after he's seen this..."

The sound of glass shattering caught my attention. It came from inside of the dorm.

Ugh, I thought, rolling my eyes, probably just Veteran and MrCheese fighting over some stupid shit again.

I decide to enter the dorm anyway. I swipe open the curtains covering the door, revealing...

Engie, my Engie pinning my best friend to the wall behind them. They both lean in closer and closer.

"E-Engie?! What the fuck?!" I screech, "Mother?!"

The two of them immediately separate. Mother's eyes were filled with fear.

"H-How... How could you both do this to me?!"

Mother opens her mouth to speak, but Engineer stops her. "Well, what did you expect?! You're always so annoying and controlling! Maybe if you were sweet and caring like Mother, I'd actually still be into you!"

My eyes darken. I charge at both of them, only for Engineer to block my path.

"No," he hisses darkly, "I'm in love with Mother, not your sorry ass. Scram."

My heart tears in half. Realization hits me like a tsunami.

The love potion! It reveals who you truly desire...

Engineer never desired to have me...?

I couldn't take it anymore. I dashed out of the room, my eyes filled with tears.

~

So, yeah. There you have it. My hatred for Mother. I know she put him up to this... Well... I can't just accept that he loves her! She had to be the one causing this!

...Right?

~

A/n: This is going to be a five-part special for you guys! This is pretty exciting! I might even post another chapter today (no promises though.)

1/5: The love potion.

I hope you guys enjoy it!

~Flare