MrCheese x Gentleman: Harsh

~

A/n: Hey, everyone! This one-shot will be written differently than my other ones-- I'll be writing in 3rd-person POV. Tell me (please!) if you prefer 3rd-person or first-person in the future. Thanks, and enjoy! (Sorry for my crappy update schedule!)

This one-shot is going to uh... End in a not-so-good way. But, but, but-! There will be a second part to this!

Also, Gentlecheese is a frequently requested ship (I'm not sure who exactly requested it, but it's no biggie), so, with all of that said, enjoy!~

This chapter is dedicated to LuigiFan620 (Dobt). Before you kill me, you'll understand why next chapter!

~

Third-Person.

~

No matter what MrCheese did, Gentleman would never acknowledge his small acts of love. It wasn't because Gentleman was oblivious; his actions were done solely on purpose.

MrCheese knew this, and it pained him on the inside. But, he didn't let this phase him and he continued trying. He'd do whatever it takes for Gentleman to show him the affection that he well-deserved.

Currently, they were cramped together in electrical, trying their hardest to focus on turning the lights back on. MrCheese was secretly the imposter, and could easily kill Gentleman in one swing-- but after the incident that occurred a few days ago (when Gentleman stabbed him), he refrained from the idea. MrCheese stood quietly, protecting Gentleman from the other imposter, Veteran.

The black-suited chad managed to finish in a relatively short amount of time. The lights flickered back to life. A sigh of relief escapes Gentleman's lips.

"Nice job, Gentleman!" MrCheese exclaims, embracing the tall man's waist in a hug. Gentleman wasn't a fan of his actions, to say the least, and ends up harshly shoving his small associate away in return.

MrCheese's heart nearly tore into pieces at his lover's harsh actions. He swallowed up his hurt and looked away from the taller, holding in his tears.

Gentleman knew that his actions were a bit harsh (well, maybe a bit more than a bit), but felt that his actions were justified.

"MrCheese, I've told you countless times that you need to act professionally when we're working in front of others!" He exclaims, a hint of annoyance laced in his voice. MrCheese's lip trembled as he struggled to hold in his tears. Gentleman didn't seem to notice MrCheese's actions and continued to blabber about how unethical MrCheese's actions sometimes were. His voice eventually was raised, and MrCheese couldn't take it anymore. He broke down in tears, allowing the warm liquid to stream out from his eyes. You'd think that Gentleman would stop, or at least soften down his tone-- but, instead, he yelled even louder.

The smaller couldn't take Gentleman's verbal abuse anymore and ran out sobbing. "Come back, MrCheese!"

MrCheese ran inside of security and cried his heart out, allowing all of his hurt feelings to surface. Player happened to be walking by and noticed the small crewmember crying alone.

"MrCheese? Is everything okay...?" He asked his friend. MrCheese didn't deny it and nodded, shifting over to grant Player a bit of space next to him.

"What happened?" Player whispers in a soft tone, embracing his small friend in a side-hug. 

"It's G-Gentleman," he chokes out, "He... He hates me! No matter how hard I try, he'll never love me the way I love him!"

Player's mouth curved into an 'o'. He knew MrCheese and Gentleman were constantly fighting, but MrCheese had never broken down like this before.

"Maybe... Maybe he isn't right for you, MrCheese...," Player whispers softly. MrCheese was shocked by Player's sudden proposal.

"W-What?!" He exclaims, "I love Gentleman! We're soulmates!" Deep down, MrCheese knew that Gentleman didn't love him the way he did. He wanted so badly to prove to himself that Gentleman loved him-- but none of Gentleman's previous actions helped his case. In fact, it made it so much worse.

"I know, but... I hate to say it, but it's obvious that you love him more so much more than he does. As one of your friends, I really hate watching you suffer over Gentleman."

MrCheese knew Player cared a lot about him, but he couldn't just let go of Gentleman. He gently pushes his taller friend away and walks out of security, determined to find Gentleman and make things right between them.

All of his determination and courage shattered moments later when he caught Gentleman hanging out with MrEgg.

Tears pricked the side of his eyes, but he wouldn't be weak in front of Gentleman or MrEgg. He had to confront them.

"Gentleman?" He says, entering electrical. Gentleman stops talking to his pink-suited friend and grumbles, "What."

"I'm sorry for running out earlier, t-that was quite immature of me, wasn't it...," MrCheese mumbles. Gentleman rolls his eyes and says, "It sure was, MrCheese."

MrCheese continues. "Can you please forgive me? I promise I won't do it again, I just want to be with you..."

MrEgg immediately situated himself to leave, but Gentleman grabs his hand firmly and pulls him back. "No, MrCheese, actually," he says, "I've decided to make MrEgg my associate again-- he's not incompitent and actually owns a brain."

"W-What?" MrCheese whispers, tears filling his hazel-colored orbs once again, "B-But-!"

"Now, leave," Gentleman says, holding MrEgg's hand firmly, "MrEgg and I have some work to do and you're being a bother."

"I-... I-..."

MrCheese ran out of electrical, tears streaming down his small face. Gentleman simply scoffed at MrCheese's actions and says, "Shall we continue, MrEgg?"

MrEgg, on the other hand, was not amused of Gentleman's actions. His heart panged for the small cheese-headed crewmember.

"Gentleman...," he says, "How could you say that to MrCheese..."

Gentleman, seeing no issue in his own actions, grumbles, "It's not a big deal, MrEgg. He's always incompitent and chooses the worst times to show affection. He's an imbecile."

MrEgg furrows his brows. "Gentleman, he's not an imbecile! He cares so much about you, and yet you treat him this way?!" Gentleman rolls his eyes and grumbles, "Not you too, MrEgg. I thought you were better than that. I guess I was wrong."

The pink-suited crewmember was furious was Gentleman's actions. He stormed out of electrical and shouts, "I quit!"

Though he much enjoyed Gentleman's friendship, he couldn't allow Gentleman to straight-up bully MrCheese. Just the thought of Gentleman's harsh treatment made his blood boil.

Finally, after minutes after minutes of walking, he found the small crewmember alone in reactor, crying silently.

He contemplated for a few moments what to say to MrCheese before walking in-- only to notice MrCheese holding a knife, aiming the pointy tip to his own wrists.

~

Part 2 is gonna be some nice ol' Eggcheese. You're welcome Dobt!

Anyway, I hope you enjoyed! Part 2 will be out soon-- but until then, have an amazing day/ night! Bye!

~Flare