Gentleman x MrEgg: Flashbacks

~

A/n: This chapter wasn't a request... More of a thank you to LuigiFan620 for being a great friend. And a sorta-apology for being such a let-down lately...

Hope you enjoy it, and I'll be back roleplaying before you know it.

A hint of Player x Captain too, but focuses on MrEgg x Gentleman. I hope you're fine with that, LuigiFan620!

~

MrEgg's POV~

~

I was always known as a soloist. I live and survive alone. I don't need help, I don't need assistance.

Well, that was the case until I met him.

Let me start from the beginning before we unified; became one.

~

"You look dashing in that pink suit, MrEgg," Gentleman states. A blush tints my cheeks as I mumble, "T-Thank you, sir..."

MrCheese growls jealously behind him. Gentleman clears his throat and mumbles, "I mean, you look ugly. Yes, you're an ugly pink person."

Ouch.

After that incident, MrCheese seemed to hate me more and more. He was extremely possessive over Gentleman-- I couldn't even say hi without getting a rude remark from MrCheese.

I wonder to myself, why does this affect me so much? Why can't I let Gentleman go? We're just friends, associates...

Right?

My heart panged at the thought of just being associates. I wish I had MrCheese's life-- having Gentleman all to himself.

Every day, it was harder and harder for me to bear watching. I started to fall into major depression-- it started to get so bad that I'd start to starve myself.

MrCheese didn't give a single shit-- in fact, I think that MrCheese wanted me dead.

Gentleman was just too damn oblivious to see what an evil person MrCheese truly was.

~

Today was much like every day. I would wake up and wave to Gentleman, yet he'd ignore me to please MrCheese.

Tears filled my eyes, but I continue to walk into the lobby. I accept my terrible fate and take a seat next to Player.

He notices my sad expression and asks, "What's up, MrEgg? You seem kind of down..."

"It's nothing...," I lie, wiping away my tears with my sleeve.

"C'mon MrEgg, you can trust me... That's what friends are for, right?"

I pause for a moment, thinking over what Player had said. He's right. I can trust him.

"It's just... Ever since Gentleman and I became associates, I started to develop feelings for him... It's dumb, I know. He's obviously obsessed with MrCheese, why do I still have feelings for him?"

Player sighs and pats my back. "Trust me, I understand where you're coming from. It's... painful to be in love with someone that'd never feel the same way."

"How could you understand?" I ask with a sniff, "You're not hopelessly in love with someone you can't possibly get..."

He doesn't speak for a good minute, before mumbling, "Actually, I am hopelessly in love with someone I could never get."

I raise my eyebrow. "Who's the lucky person?"

His face tints with a small, pink blush. "Captain..."

"Captain? I'm pretty sure he's obsessed with you," I state.

He sighs and shrugs. "He likes me as a best friend, not as a love partner. I don't have a chance with him, either..."

"Maybe you should go talk to him," I whisper. He pauses, but mumbles, "You should take your own advice. Talk to Gentleman."

Player pats my back and walks away.

With a bit of newfound confidence, I was going to talk to the Gentleman.

...After I eat this delicious stack of pancakes.

~

Gentleman decided to start a game after the crew had finished eating. 

I was a crewmate, so I checked my tablet and started to complete my tasks.

The vent creaked a bit every once in a while. Honestly, I think I'm just paranoid at this point...

Then, the sound of his scream filled the corridor. I drop everything and look for him.

MrCheese and Gentleman were arguing, with MrCheese seemingly winning. Gentleman starts to sob as MrCheese storms out of electrical.

"MrCheese, come back, please!"

"We're done, Gentleman! All you do is talk about MrEgg, so why don't you date him instead?!"

"He'd never feel the same..." He mumbled the last part.

MrCheese leaves at that and shoves past me.

The sound of Gentleman's sob filled the room. I thought about letting him cool down on his own, but the sadness in his cry made me decide to speak with him.

"Gentleman?"

He freezes and quickly wipes his own tears away with his sleeve. "Y-Yes?"

I enter electrical and take a seat next to him. "What happened?"

"..." He doesn't speak for a moment.

"...Well, MrCheese and I... broke up."

"Why?" I ask, genuine confusion in my voice. Didn't they love each other? What could possibly tear them apart?

"I... I had feelings for someone else, but I..." He starts to sob into his hands.

I embrace him in a comforting hug and rub his back gently. "Gentleman, it's okay..."

He sighs. "They'd never like me back, I know..."

Even though it panged my heart to ask, I whisper, "Who?"

The room went silent for a solid minute. Then, he pinned me to the wall behind.

My cheeks turn pink immediately. "G-Gentleman, what are you-"

He cuts me off and kisses me. My body was paralyzed for a few seconds before I kissed him back with passion.

I was the first to pull away a minute later, panting a bit.

He blushes in embarrassment. "I-I'm sorry, MrEgg, I d-don't know what got into me..."

"N-No worries, I liked it."

His blush darkens a bit. "Y-You did?"

I nod, my blush getting a bit pinker as I dive in to kiss him.

The sound of clapping echoed through the room. Player was there, a knowing smirk spread across his face.

"T-Thank you, Player," I mumble, loud enough for him to hear.

Gentleman grabs my hand. "Come along now, my love, let's do some tasks together."

Player walks away with a wink.

"I'd love that," I whisper.

~