Player x Captain: Secrets, confusion, love. (2/5)

~

A/n:

Part 2/5: Secrets, confusion, love.

~

Player's POV~

~

I've always had a thing for our bold leader, Captain.

I just... Never had the guts to show it. Or tell him for that matter.

The only person that remotely had a clue was Veteran. He wasn't even sure of it, though.

The only way I could hide my burning passion for our leader was to act like the complete and total opposite. Instead of acting like I was smitten, I acted like I hated him.

...Yeah, I know. Not exactly the best approach to your crush.

But what else could I do? I had only ever dated Noob, and that turned out to be a total fail. I just didn't want to mess my chances up with him, that's all...

Well, that was until...

Actually, I'll let the story speak for itself.

~

"We're going to go shopping!" Captain announces. His cute smile lit the room. I tried my hardest not to simp for the adorable bean.

"Player? Bestie, would you like to come?"

My heart started to beat faster. Ignore him, ignore him... He can't find out...

"P-Player?"

I shove him away a bit harsher than I had intended. I had only realized what I had done after I saw the hurt expression on his face.

MrEgg glares at me and drags Captain out. I mentally facepalm. Great move, loser. Now he thinks you hate him!

I sigh and decide to take a deep breath outside. Some fresh air sounds real nice right about now...

I spot Gnome with a test tube in her hands. "Hey, Gnome!"

She yelps in shock, dropping the tube. The tube shatters and all of its contents spill out.

Suddenly, a cloud of pink mist shoots through the air. It engulfs my entire body. Before I could even scream, I started to feel light-headed...

~

"...ayer? Player?!"

Veteran sat before me, shaking me rapidly. He slaps me hard in the face.

"Ow!" I exclaim, holding my cheek. He sighs and says, "You're awake. That weird pink sandstorm is over."

"Pink sandstorm...?"

"Dude, you don't remember?"

"No? What pink sandstorm?" I rub my head a few times. Veteran looks at me with a worried expression. "You better be playing with me, dude."

"I'm not!" I exclaim, "You know what, whatever. I'm gonna get a glass of water. My head is kind of foggy right now."

"Good idea, dude," Veteran says. I enter the dorm and fill up a glass with water. I take a long sip, closing my eyes and relishing the cool liquid. My mind was still a bit cloudy, but there was nothing like a cool glass of water on a hot summer day.

"We're home!" MrEgg's voice rang out. Suddenly, my heart started to pound at an abnormal pace. Captain must be home... Captain! CAPTAIN!

A wave of strong emotion surges throughout my body. I suddenly felt the urge to be in Captain's arms. I wanted him to caress me, kiss me, love me.

That's when I saw him: his handsome figure and his strong arms. It took all the willpower I had not to jump onto him.

Captain's expression was a sad one. He frowned and sat onto the couch, seemingly deep in thought.

That's when it struck me— I shoved him earlier!

My heart fills up with regret. How could I do that to him?

I sit next to him quietly. He frowns deeper and looks down.

"C-Captain? C-Can we talk?"

He lifts his head up slowly and nods. "Yeah... What's up, Player..."

"I-I'm sorry," I choke out, "I... I never meant to hurt you..."

He doesn't show any expression towards this. I bite my lip.

He looks away and sniffs. "I-It's... F-Fine..."

"Captain, please look at me..."

He turns around slowly, revealing his tear-stained cheeks and glassy eyes.

I shift a bit closer. He turns away once again.

"C-Captain..."

"J-Just leave me alone," he whispers softly. I grab his cheek gently and turn his face towards mine.

I use my other hand to wipe his tears away. "Oh, Captain... If only you understood..."

"H-Huh?"

I stare into his eyes for a few long moments, admiring his crystal-colored orbs. I gently cup his cheek with my hand and pull him into a soft kiss.

He didn't resist my grasp. He leans into it, wrapping his arms around my torso. The two of us kiss softly for another few long moments before slowly pulling away.

"Y-You... You..." Captain was at a loss for words.

"Captain, I... I love you," I admit. His eyes widen at my confession.

"You d-do? T-Then why'd you shove m-me away..." His eyes filled with tears. "I j-just wanted to spend time with you..."

"I'm so sorry," I whisper, "I... I just... I was so tired of being friend-zoned... That's no excuse though... If you don't feel the same, I understand-!"

"Stop," Captain says suddenly, "Player, I always loved you too... I was just worried you'd reject me! I honestly thought you hated me!"

Guilt surges through me. "Oh, Captain... I was just scared."

I look away. There's no way he'd love me after what I did to him. I was a jerk, a terrible friend.

"Player?"

"Y-Yes?"

"What's wrong?" He asks softly, shifting a bit closer to me. I sigh. "Captain, how could you be so kind to me? After everything I've done to you?"

"Player... I've always loved you. Too much to ever let you go, honestly."

My cheeks turn a bright shade of red. Oh my god, he's the cutest-

"Wow, what a simp alert." The two of us turn around, meeting Veteran's unamused expression. Captain pouts and crosses his arms. "I am not a simp!"

"Says the one that told me he'd do anything for Player's attention," Veteran retorts. Captain opens his mouth to protest, but Veteran had already left the room.

"P-Player, I-I-!"

I grab his shoulders and pull him into another kiss. This time, the kiss was a lot more passionate and way less sloppy. Captain wraps his arms around my torso gently.

"I love you, Captain. I'll never do those things again," I assure him. He smiles warmly and hugs me tighter.

"Even if you did, Player, I'd never let you go."

~

A/n: No way an update :o

2/5:Secrets, confusion, love.

The next part is coming soon I hope-!

Bye for nowww!

~Flare