Blue x Not-Orange: Valentines Day special! (2022)

~

A/n: I'm 2000 words into the 50k special, I swear- It's going to be super long. That's why it's taking so long. But, for now, take this! Happy Valentines day!~

~

Blue

~

I don't get Valentines Day, I really don't.

Valentines Day is just another Hallmark-holiday. There's nothing remotely special about it. I don't understand why the whole crew is going crazy over it.

"Valentines Day is awesome!" Veteran exclaims, "You get chocolate!"

"That's if you actually have a Valentine," MrCheese says with a pout. Veteran sticks his tongue out at MrCheese. "Sucks to be you, Player already asked me."

"That's because he's your boyfriend, moron."

"Somehow you haven't even asked Gentleman out yet."

"Shut up!"

MrCheese and Veteran slap each other (like idiots). MrEgg walks by and snorts at the sight. "How mature."

Too bad for him, they heard his comment. MrCheese and Veteran charge at MrEgg.

Idiots, I think, rolling my eyes at the sight. I leave them to it and walk into storage, hoping to find a quiet area to sit down and think. But, no, of course I wasn't granted that.

"Aw, Engie, you're so sweet!" Gnome squeals, "You remembered that my favorite flowers are orchids!"

Nope, definitely not here. I don't want to hear Gnome fangirling over Engineer for an hour.

I head over to navigation. Captain probably left the ship on autopilot because of the stupid holiday. Maybe I'll get some peace and quiet there-!

"C-Captain, I... I really like you," Stoner admits, his cheeks tinted a bright pink, "W-Will you be my valentine?"

"I... Of course, S-Stoner! I like you too!"

Ugh, ew, definitely not here. I'm starting to think that this whole Valentines Day cliché is contagious.

~

After walking around the ship a few times, I finally manage to find a quiet spot in reactor. Finally, no more distractions. No more idiots confessing.

I sit down in a secluded corner and close my eyes for a bit, enjoying the sound of soft vibrating.

"I c-can't do it, I just can't..." A familiar voice snaps me out of my relaxation. A soft plop is heard behind me.

"He'll hate me if I ask him...," Not-Orange whispers. I wasn't going to lie; I was really curious. Not-Orange is my best friend, after all. It's natural to be curious about these things. I press my left ear onto the wall between us.

"I don't even think he likes chocolate," Not-Orange mumbles. I gasp silently and think, Who the hell doesn't like chocolate? Whoever he likes is a moron if they can't appreciate chocolate.

"Not-Orange, is that you?" The voice of Player asks. Ooh, the real tea is coming!~ Finally, something more interesting than the usual cliché!

"Oh, Player! Hah, you startled me for a sec..."

"What's wrong? D-Did he say no?"

"That's not it... It's just that... I'm really scared to ask him. We've been friends for a long time and if he rejects me... I'm afraid he'll hate me forever. You know him." Player sighs and pats his back. "Don't be so hard on yourself, Not-Orange. You've worked so hard to get him chocolates and everything! I'm sure he'll say yes!"