Blue x Not-Orange: Anthropophobia

~

A/n: Can't believe I'm actually updating this book after so long- Quick thank you to everyone that has been voting, commenting, and keeping this old book alive!

Anthropophobia: Fear of rejection.

Not-Blue was the only AUL ship I could think of writing...

A bit of a random headcanon: Player and Not-Orange are good friends.

Probably totally out of character, haven't seen AUL in over a year.

Suicidal mentions. Oh, and tons of swearing.

~

Not-Orange

~

I dash through the vast hallways, vaguely hearing his voice shouting for me to return. My sobbing almost completely drowned out all foreign noise.

All of the crewmembers were perplexed by all the racket, exiting their quarters. I paid no mind to any of this, continuing to run. My legs had a mind of their own.

It was getting harder to breathe, crying whilst running as fast I possibly could. My tears clouded my vision.

But, no matter what, I couldn't let him catch up to me.

Suddenly, I felt my body halt to a stop. My legs, unmoving, remained paralyzed to the ground.

I fall to my knees, pathetically sobbing my eyes out. It got to the point where I had to take off my helmet.

I randomly tossed the protective piece of gear, not caring where it'd roll off to. At this state, I didn't care much about anything at all.

"Oh my goodness..." A different voice this time made its way to me, softly. I didn't flinch nor move, not wanting to look even more pathetic than I already was. A soft hand was placed on my shoulder, sending shivers down my spine.

"Hey, Not-Orange, look at me, please..." It was Player. Player and I were secretly close friends, despite our major differences. He had a worried look plastered across his face.

With a shaky sniffle, I manage to look up.

Player instantly envelops me in a hug, placing a comforting hand on my back.

Player was the type of friend that I told everything to— from my greatest fears to my most fragile secrets. He knew a secret that until minutes ago, I hadn't told anyone else.

"H-He..." Unable to form a complete sentence, all that is uttered is mumbled and incoherent rubbish.

"I'm guessing that it didn't go as we thought it would, didn't it..." I reply with a frail nod, pulling away from the embrace.

"H-He... I messed up, Player..." My breathing was becoming erratic. My lungs felt clogged to the brim, spaceless for anymore oxygen. I cough violently.

"Not-Orange, where's your helmet?" Player suddenly exclaims, "It isn't safe to take it off for any longer than two minutes..."

"I don't care," I choke out, "I don't care..."

"Don't be stubborn! I know you care a lot about him, but he isn't worth losing your life over!" Player searches around for my helmet.

I place a hand on his shoulder. "Stop it... I feel alright, Player..."

A few footsteps come our way, halting right before entering storage.

"My oh my, Player, what is going on in here?" A very worried looking Captain and a few crewmates I couldn't name rush inside.

My hands clench into tight fists. Player notices my tense reaction, placing a hand on top of mine.