MrCheese x Player: Teach me your ways...

~

A/n: Hey, everyone! I'm going to try to update 2-3 times a week! This ship is crack-- but, it was inspired by AUL 20.

Player keeps losing, but, maybe, with the help of MrCheese, he can get his first win...?

~

Player's POV~

~

I'm gonna start by saying MrCheese is a world-class jerk.

He used to be pretty cool until he started winning all the time. He was stupid, oblivious, and a follower, but, at least he was kind.

I miss the way he was, honestly.

~

"Player, don't be a moron. There's no way you'll ever win!"

MrCheese was starting to get on my nerves. He didn't have to be rude about everything...

Veteran comes to my aid and sticks a certain finger at him. "Shut up, MrCheese, he'll get that win someday soon."

MrCheese scoffs. "Sure, keep believing that. It'll never happen, you're both such moronic noobs for believing so."

I growl as he walks away. "What's his problem," Veteran seethes, "He's such a jerk for no reason!"

"Alright, settle down, everyone! I'm going to start a game," Gentleman exclaims.

Crewmate.

~

I'm starting to think that this game is impossible to win. I was so close, ugh!

"Let's pause for the night," Captain suggests. The rest of the crew nods and exits the lobby, walking into their designated rooms.

I trudged into my room, slamming the door shut. I was furious with myself.

What's wrong with me? How come everyone else is able to win, but I just can't?

I've been playing this game for almost half a year. I wish someone as smart as MrCheese would be kind enough to guide me...

It was impossible for me to fall asleep. I kept trying to think of ways to possibly win, but each of them brought me back to the dark thought of failing.

It was unbearable and humiliating, to say for the least. I was the only person in the lobby that hasn't won a single match-- not even as a crewmate!

I decided to take a walk to clear my mind. As I walked past the door of everyone's room, one stood out in particular: MrCheese's room.

The sound of hyperventilating caused me to make the ultimate decision to quietly investigate. Is MrCheese okay...?

"MrCheese, are you there?" I whisper. The sound of quiet sobbing filled the room.

MrCheese was seemingly asleep, having a nightmare. He was curled up into a ball as he wept non-stop.

His whole figure trembled. I wanted to leave, but something inside of me felt bad for him. So, I did the unimaginable.

I hugged him gently, quietly laying down next to him. He was still asleep, but he seemed to calm down at my touch.

I fell asleep next to him unintentionally, drifting into my own world of dreams...

~

"Player, what the fuck  are you doing?!"

I jolt and my eyes pop open, only to see a very angry-looking orange crewmate. I hop out of his bed instantly and blush in embarrassment.

MrCheese's angry glare didn't disappear though. "Explain what you were doing in my bed!"