MrEgg x MrCheese: "I lost him... I can't lose you too..."

~

A/n: Part two of "The thin line between love and hate." Highly requested, so why the heck not?

Also, this will start after a few month's timeskip.

~

MrEgg's POV~

~

After Gentleman dumped both MrCheese and I as associates, I felt extremely useless. I wanted to have a purpose. I wanted to be an aid for someone that needed my assistance.

Doing tasks alone was quite lonely. Time went by slowly for me.

I sat in the cafeteria, my eyes trained to the clock. It ticked in a calm and orderly manner, calming me down a bit.

My greatest phobia by far was feeling worthless and alone. I just wanted someone to appraise me and stay by my side.

I watched MrCheese from the distance, walking with an eased expression. He seemed so happy, so... carefree.

It was honestly cute. MrCheese was a moron, yes, but an adorable one.

He chose to live his life happy, instead of constantly moping and being depressed like me. In some ways, I really envy him. He's a great imposter and overall a perfect person.

MrCheese was currently licking the security cameras like an idiot. I chuckled as I watched him.

"Hey, MrCheese," I greet. He stops what he's doing and greets me with a friendly expression. "Hello there, MrEgg."

After the whole Gentleman and MrCheese break-up, MrCheese and I became pretty good friends. Though we didn't talk often, (though I wish we did), we'd always end up chatting for hours. Chatting with MrCheese was one of the simple yet biggest things that made me happy. He was always so enthusiastic about everything.

I never understood how he started as an associate for Gentleman. He was so leader-like and strong-- Gentleman should've been taking orders from him.

As I talked a bit with MrCheese, I noticed that his happy expression was a bit... fake. This worried me so I ask, "MrCheese, is everything okay?"

"Yeah, why wouldn't I be?" He quickly replies. I look at him suspiciously for a moment and mumble, "You don't have to lie to me, I know something is up..."

We stay in awkward silence for a few moments, before he starts tearing up.

"I j-just... I keep thinking about Gentleman. I c-can't believe he just threw aside everything we had... I c-can't forget about him..."

My heart ached for the tall orange bean, it really did.

He starts to sob into his hands, leaning slightly onto the table. After contemplating for a few moments, I decide the best approach is to show him I'm there for him.

I embrace him in a hug, wrapping both of my arms around his torso. He tenses up a bit at my sudden action but calms down moments later, wrapping his own arms behind my back.

We stay like this for a few minutes, enjoying each other's warm embrace. His cries die down.

"...Thank you, MrEgg," he whispers.

I nod and slowly part from his hold, wishing I could be in his arms forever.

For a few minutes, none of us say a word. Then, after minutes pass, he wraps his arms around my waist and kisses me.

The action caught me a bit off-guard, so this kiss started off a bit sloppy. He was inches taller than me, so I had to wrap my arms around the back of his neck in order to kiss him.