Stoner x Captain: Friendship

~

This one-shot was requested by PotatosAreHawt! I hope you enjoy it! <3

Comment here to give Tato a hug! Love you, Tato! <3

Pretty platonic but fluffy, here we go!!

~

Stoner's POV~

~

All my life, I've been dealing with substance abuse. I've been taking unprescribed drugs since I was ten, and I haven't even tried to quit.

My life is a complete mess. I've already destroyed my chances of having a bright future, so I no longer try. My existence is absolutely useless.

I embrace that. I've completely let myself go, living every day to my heart's content. Currently, I'm trying to smoke some weed but the stupid lighter isn't functioning properly.

Well, shit. There goes that idea.

I stand up for the first time today, stretching my arms and letting out a tired yawn. It's past three in the afternoon and I've just gotten up. The crew's probably wondering where I am...

Before I even have the chance to get changed into my spacesuit, Captain almost kicks down my door. "Stoner!" He exclaims, worry laced in his voice, "Are you well? The crew has been waiting for you since nine this morning!"

"I'm fine, Captain," I say, choking a bit from the smoke in the air, "I'll be right out-!"

"I'm coming in," Captain says, not giving me enough time to hide the bag of cocaine on my bed. He barges in, repositioning his hat. His eyes lock onto the bag of cocaine on my bed.

"Stoner," he growls, "What the hell is this?!" I flinch a bit at his sudden outburst. Captain was never one to curse-- so if he did, he was obviously furious.

"Well?! Explain yourself this instant!"

"I... I..." I honestly didn't know what to say. Captain's gaze only got darker as I continued to hesitate. 

Captain grabs my left arm and drags me out of my room with him. I struggled against his firm hold. "Captain-dude, where are you taking me?! I gave no consent to this!" Captain didn't seem to care. He ignored my questions and dragged me into his quarters.

He locks the door and places me on one of his classy-looking chairs. "Now, Stoner, we both know that I try my hardest to keep it all fun and games. I'm not trying to be a strict and mean leader."

I open my mouth to reply, but he cuts me off. "Stoner, you know how much I care about you. It's hard for me to ignore the fact that you're abusing substances..."

Captain's eyes welled up with tears, but he shrugs them away. "Stoner... Remember that promise you made to me a few weeks ago...?" I had promised Captain that I'd stop taking unprescribed drugs. I promised him that I'd stop drinking and I'd stop smoking. I never intended to keep this promise-- I only made this promise in the first place so I'd stop worrying Captain. I don't admit it often enough, but I really care about Captain. I want him to be that happy person he always is, not depressed and worried like me.

"H-Have you even tried to quit...? Stoner, you're getting sicker and sicker..."

I suddenly snapped. "Captain, I don't care! For all I care, I could die right now! I hate my life, Captain, and I just want to wash it all away! That's why I take drugs!"

Captain's facial expression was pained but he didn't speak. I continued, "Captain, just stop caring about me! I'm hopeless, and my existence is a waste of air!"