Player x Captain: M i n e .

~

A/n: Valentine's day AU! Ima try to update more often, I feel bad that I haven't been. I love all of you and I appreciate your patience! 

~

Captain's POV~

~

Walking out from my room, card in hand, I was finally ready.

Ready to confront Player about my longing feelings for him. Ready to tell him that I wanted to be more than his best friend.

I was nervous, for sure. But I needed to tell him. I needed to let him know what I felt whenever he was around.

My heart nearly snapped in half when I saw Veteran hand Player a card, almost identical to mine. Player cheered.

His face showed so much happiness.

I dropped my card and ran back into my room, holding myself close as I cried.

It hurt me deep inside that Player was with Veteran. But, of course, I'd never tell him that. If Player's happy, that's all that matters to me.

Trudging into my bed, I toss my covers over my head and sob quietly.

~

Player's POV~

~

"Player, I need to tell you something...," Veteran mumbles with a small blush tinted on his cheeks.

"What is it?"

He takes a deep breath and mumbles, "Greaser asked me to be his Valentine."

I gasp. "Oh my goodness, Vet! I'm so happy for you!"

Veteran has always had a thing for Greaser. Even though Greaser and I had issues with each other, I couldn't be any happier for Veteran. As long as he was happy, I was.

My heart fluttered at the thought of Captain. I wish he could be my Valentine.

Maybe I could ask him? I thought, clutching my chest. My cheeks heated up a bit at the thought.

My eyes trail to a small heart-shaped card laying on the ground. Curious, I walk over and pick it up slowly. It didn't have anything written on the front.

I quickly take a look around to make sure no one was watching. Opening it slowly, it read:

'Player,'

'We've been friends for a long time. We've gone through so many things together. I never knew how to ask you, but now I have the courage to.'

'Will you be my Valentine?'

'-Captain.'

Unable to hold my excitement, I squeal quietly. Captain likes me too? Why didn't he give this to me?

Deciding to look for him, I set off to his room. As suspected, he was there.

But, he was crying...? Why?

"Captain?" I whisper, slowly entering his door frame.

He quickly wipes his tears away and mumbles, "O-Oh, hi, Player..."

I wave sheepishly and take a seat next to him.

"What's wrong?" I ask, leaning a bit closer to him.

He sighs and mumbles, "Nothing, just a bad memory..."

His eyes didn't meet mine. Did I say something?

Deciding not to push further, I sigh sadly. "See you later, Captain..."