MrEgg x MrCheese: Apologies

~

A/n: This one-shot was requested by chiakipop! I really liked this idea, tysm for requesting! I hope you enjoy it! <3

This is a PLATONIC one-shot. No romance, but some very fluffy moments :>

Edit: This is a pretty short one, but I think it's pretty cute :3

~

MrEgg

~

I run into my room as fast as my legs could carry me, my breath unsteady from a mix of sobbing and embarrassment. I could hear his cackling laughter ringing through my ears. I begged for it to stop, but he never did.

In the beginning, I found MrCheese annoying. But at this point, everything he says to me is straight up hurtful.

"Why can't he just leave me alone..."

"Where are you, you stupid egghead?!" I heard him shout. I hop beneath my bed and take a deep breath. I forgot to lock the door, shit, shit...

"MrEgg~ Where are youuuu..."

I tremble a bit and hold back my tears. Though I was many inches taller than that short devil, I was still fearful of him. MrCheese was well-known for his master trickery and deception. Just thinking about it made myself shrink even more.

"Ha! Found ya!" He shouts, causing me to scream at the sudden loud noise. I fall backwards and scurry out the other side as fast as I could crawl— but I wasn't fast enough. MrCheese stood by my doorframe, smirking and crossing his arms.

"Where do you think you're going?"

I refuse to look into his eyes. "Look... Just leave me alone, please..."

He pouts. "Oh, c'mon, you don't have to be so soft."

"And you don't have to be such an idiot!" I snap suddenly, my eyes flaring. "Why do you always have to act like a jerk?! Just leave me the hell alone!"

MrCheese froze in place for a moment, leaving me enough time to shove him and run as far as I could away from him. Tears streamed down my cheeks as I locked myself into storage.

"MrEgg? Is that you?" Gentleman asks. I yelp in surprise, knocking into a few crates. The tumble backwards, some breaking open. I internally cringe at my misfortune. "Hey, Gentleman..."

"What's wrong, my friend?" He asks, shifting closer to me. I sit down and cross my arms. "Nothing... Don't worry about it."

"C'mon, my friend, I know when there's something bugging you."

"I-It's MrCheese," I mumble, "He just... Never seems to leave me alone. What he says really h-hurts me..." I hold in my tears, not wanting to break down in front of my friend. He sits back and mumbles something to himself, seemingly deep in thought.

"W-What are you saying?"

He blinks and looks back at me. "O-Oh! Sorry... I was just thinking of something..."

"It's fine," I say with a sigh. The two of us sit there in silence.

I start to drift off a bit. It felt so peaceful to finally be away from him...

~

I wake up to someone shaking me. I grumble and open one eye.

"Finally! I thought you were never gonna wake up!" MrCheese says. I look to my side and Gentleman was nowhere to be found. I groan.

"Look... Just please leave me alone for once..."

"No."

I turn to him, a tired look of disbelief on my face. How could someone be so insensitive?!

"W-What I meant to say was, I'm here to apologize..."

"H-Huh?" Maybe I need some more sleep-

"You were right, MrEgg... I am an idiot and a jerk. The things I've said and done to you weren't right, and I just wanted to say I'm sorry... I heard what you said to Gentleman and I just... Didn't know how to apologize to you..."

I stared into his eyes, looking for something that wasn't genuine. But, no matter how deep I looked into him, I couldn't find it.

"Y-You're actually sorry...?"

He nods, slightly avoiding eye contact with me. I sigh and stand up, patting his head. "It's alright, shorty."

"Hey!" He exclaims, "That was way uncalled for!"

I roll my eyes and chuckle slightly.

"...But I deserved it," he says, scratching the back of his neck sheepishly.

"You bet you did," I say, holding in a smile.

He steals my hat and shouts, "Bet you can't catch me slowyolk!"

"Hey! Puns are my thing!" I shout, charging after him.

~

A/n: Short but wholesome, Flare approves. Thanks again for your request my friend! ^^

I might update again tonight. :3

Hope you enjoyed this short one shot!

~Flare