Player x Captain: Kiss and make up

~

A/n: Chapter inspired by the song above! (In case you didn't know, I'm a huge Blackpink fan >w<)

A bit of a summary: Player and Captain broke up after a small fight, and they both realize that they love each other and miss each other's company. A party comes up, and...

Read to find out!

~

Player's perspective.

~

Ever since Captain and I broke up, I felt so empty inside. I felt like a piece of me went missing.

I tried to ignore this feeling, but it kept creeping back. I told myself over and over that I didn't need him. I told myself that I'd find someone else.

Turns out, I was only lying to myself. I love the white-suited man with all of my heart. Without him, I was practically nothing.

I woke up alone and cold the next morning. Someone had forgotten to turn off the AC, and I was freezing. I wished that Captain could wrap his arms around me, and cuddle me until the afternoon.

No, Player, no. I told myself over and over. We're over, we've broken up. Stop thinking about him, dammit!

But, I just couldn't. Something inside held me back.

Once I finally managed to hop out of bed, I stormed into Veteran's room. "Veteran!" I shout, "Did you forget to turn off the AC?!"

After a few moments of silence, Veteran mumbles, "Sorry, dude. Must've slipped my mind."

I roll my eyes at my friend's mindlessness and enter the cafeteria. Most of the crewmembers were already there, eating breakfast. I grabbed a coffee and sat down, tiredly scrolling through videos on my phone.

"Good morning, Captain!" Gnome exclaims. I nearly spit out my coffee at the sound of Captain's voice.

"Hey, friendos! Good morning!" I avoided eye contact with him. It's been a few weeks since the break up.

And, even though I try to hide it... I really miss him.

~

Captain's perspective.

~

It nearly tore my heart in half when I walked past Player, trying my hardest to ignore his presence.

Ever since we broke up, I couldn't stop thinking about him. I still loved him, no matter how hard I tried to deny it.

"Dude, are you alright? Don't tell me you're still thinking about Player! It's over, dude!" Stoner exclaims. I sigh and take a sip of my coffee. "I know, I just... No matter how hard I try, I can't get him out of my head..."

"What did you guys break up over anyway?"

The question caught me a bit off-guard. Stoner noticed my expression and immediately says, "You don't have to tell me if you don't feel comfortable-!"

"Well, here's what happened..."

"Captain!" Player exclaims with an unamused expression, "Don't tell me you forgot about the party!"

I sigh and look away. "Player, I already told you... I'm not comfortable with drinking..."

"C'mon, Captain! Seriously?!" Player exclaims, "You can't let me have any fun, can you?!"

"Look, Player, I'm sorry... I also genuinely forgot, I swear... I know I promised, I was just so caught up with my tasks! I also had to do Mother's tasks because she had to take care of Franklin!"