TheGentleman x MrCheese: Partners or lovers?

~

This one-shot was requested by SneedlyLover. Thanks for your request!

~

MrCheese's POV~

~

'You stupid simpleton!'

'Stop repeating your name!'

'This simpleton made me lose my train of thought.'

"Uhh, MrCheese...?"

"TheGentleman? What?"

"Did you even hear what I said?" TheGentleman asks with a disapproving voice. I pout childishly and mumble, "Nope."

He sighs and rubs his temples. "I asked if you wanted to maybe meet my other associate, MrEgg. Like, in a less violent manner."

"Not MrEgg," I grumble. TheGentleman sighs and mumbles, "I knew it."

MrEgg actually wasn't the problem. TheGentleman was-- he always acted flustered and embarrassed around MrEgg. It made me very, very jealous. 

Why can't TheGentleman act that way around me?

"MrCheese? Are you still there?"

"Y-yeah, TheGentleman. My name MrCheese."

"Anyway, the next round is going to start shortly, according to Captain. I'll be right back, I need to introduce someone around the lobby."

"O-okay. See you later, I guess..."

TheGentleman walks away and I sigh. I've always loved him in more ways than one, but he never showed that he has mutual feelings. Sometimes I feel like MrEgg is his favorite, not I.

~

Crewmate.

"So, MrCheese, where's your first task?" TheGentleman asks, reading his own tasks from his tablet.

"Hmm, electrical," I reply. He shrugs and says, "I have a task there too, so I might as well get it done with you."

The lights turn off. I gulp and grab TheGentleman's hand.

"Uhh, MrCheese, a little looser, I ain't going anywhere," he states calmly.

We enter electrical and turn on the lights, only to spot Player's dead body. Our eyes widen and TheGentleman reports the body.

Dead body reported.

"Where?" Mother asks, holding her children. 

"Electrical. I am saddened to say that our dear friend Player is dead," TheGentleman says. Veteran chortles in the background and mumbles, "he'll never win, will he?"

He isn't wrong, though I have to admit that I caused Player to lose once. We were in Mira HQ when we were chosen to be the impostors. Player would've won if I hadn't given him away by mistake. To my defense, I was curious if we had won or not.

"Was there anyone nearby? It wasn't me dudes and dudettes, I was in weapons doing my totally rad tasks," Stoner says.

"MrCheese and I walked in on it. I am saddened to say that no one was nearby."

"So, skip?" Veteran asks. Everyone nods and we skip the vote.

~

Defeat.

"I have to say, I'm very surprised Veteran and Mother were able to pull that off," TheGentleman states, straightening his tophats. 

"Yeah, me too," I reply mindlessly.