Player x Captain: Regrets.

~

A/n: Nothing to say but-

PLAYCAP!! :D

Sorry, I enjoy writing it way too much aaa shit- ;w;

I hope you all enjoy!

Warning: Suicide, mentions of death, and extremely sad :(

Read at your own risk...

~

The ship was in ruins.

Ever since Captain had resigned, the crew was in chaos.

Let's start from the beginning.

It was a normal morning on the Skeld, like all others.  Captain had just gotten out of bed, and was brewing some coffee for himself.

He took a whiff of the fresh brew and sighed. There were so little days like this. Days where he could just relax, and not have to deal with the crew's misbehavior. No one took him seriously, and he knew that deep inside. It hurt, but he always kept a smile on his face even when he felt down. He felt like it was his duty as the trusty leader to always keep a positive attitude.

"Captain!" Gnome's voice rang through the halls. Captain immediately placed his coffee down and ran to her aid.

"What's wrong, Gnome?! Is there an oxygen leak?!"

"No!" She exclaims, "Someone forgot to restock the Doritos!"

Captain facepalms internally but kept a straight face. "Oh goodness, what a shame..."

Returning back to his coffee, he rolls his eyes when no one's in sight.

That's when Player enters the cafeteria. Captain's heart skips a beat as he watches Player hum to himself, so carefree. His cheeks heat up a bit but he keeps his composure. "Hey, bestie!"

"Hey, Captain," Player grumbles, obviously not interested. Captain doesn't notice this and says, "Wanna go on a bestie picnic tomorrow?"

"No thanks, I've got plans. Maybe some other time." Player exits the cafeteria at that, leaving Captain alone.

"O-Oh... O-Okay..." Captain held in his tears, realizing that Player would never even like him as a friend, let alone lover. He sucked it up though and sulked into his chair, tossing the remains of his coffee into the wastebasket.

~

"Alright, here are your tablets everyone!" Captain shouts, handing everyone their tablets. He doesn't look Player in the eyes when he comes to pick up his tablet.

He sighs sadly and trudges into navigation, steering the ship and fixing some wires. He daydreamed a bit about Player, imagining them hanging out together. He'd do anything to make this a reality.

He was so deep in thought that he didn't hear Player's scream until it was too late.

There was a foreign species on this ship. Veteran had forgotten to securely lock the airlocks last night.

"What is this thing?!" Player shrieks, "Help!"

Veteran had come to Player's aid right away, trying to pull the creature off of his friend by its hind legs. He ended up getting kicked hard in the face, causing him to fall unconscious moments later.

By now, the other crewmembers had noticed that scene before them and were frantically trying to pull the creature off of Player. Out of fear, Gnome pulls the emergency alarm.

Captain jumps in surprise as the sound of the alarms blared. He rushed frantically into storage, where the scene went down. His eyes widened as he watched his crewmembers struggling to pull the beast off of Player. Immediately hopping into action, he uses an emergency flare gun that he carried and shoots the creature right in the head. The creature falls numb.