Stoner x Captain: Shooting stars

~

A/n: This chapter was requested by GalaxRavenSkies during the announcement poll, enjoy!

I've only written Stonecap twice so, this one's gonna be a bit of a challenge.

Sorry in advance if it sucks-!

Fun fact: It took me ten (yes, exactly ten) times to spell the word 'innocent' correct because my autocorrect was acting up. OMG AAA-

~

Stoner.

~

I was just walking down the halls of the Skeld, humming a tune to myself as I did my tasks. Today was just an ordinary day here on the Skeld— the sound of MrCheese and Veteran arguing filled the whole ship. It was no surprise, quite honestly. Those two had strife for as long as I could remember.

Before you ask— yes, I had quit smoking and taking drugs. I still had a bit of a drinking problem, but I was slowly starting to get better, thanks to Captain.

Captain did basically everything a best friend could ever do— he made sure I was safe at all times. Whenever I even considered grabbing a cigarette, he slapped my hand away.

As time went by, I had grown to love him. Yes, love. Like more than a friend type of love. I wished I could kiss him like Engineer did Gnome, but I knew that was just a fantasy. There was no way that he would fall in love with a pre-drug addict and a drinker like me.

So, I kept my love for him a secret. I didn't want to break the strong friendship we had.

"Hey, Stoner!" Captain shouts with a wave. I smile and wave back. "Heya, Captain!"

"How're you doing today?" He asks, exiting navigation and walking besides me. I shrug and say, "Not much, I'm just finishing my tasks. I finished the reactor one first try by the way."

His eyes widen. "What? No way! That task takes me at least five tries to complete..."

"Yeah, you're such a slow poke," I say with a playful eye roll. He gasps and says, "I'm not slow, thank you very much. I just like to take my time, that's all!"

"Yeah, right. Just like how you like to take your time in the bathroom every morning?"

"Hey! It's not my fault that taking a shower and combing my hair takes a while!"

"Mhm. Whatever you say, Captain." He scoffs and grabs my hand. "Hey, Stoner, I wanna show you something!"

My face heats up at his touch. Keep it together, Stoner...

"Alright," I say quickly. He drags me into navigation. "Look, aren't the stars beautiful?"

A shooting star soars through the empty void of space, adding a bit of life into the dark and mysterious unknown.

"Wow...," I whisper, my eyes glimmering at the sight of stars, "Captain, this is amazing..."

"Yeah," he says with a small smile, "This time of day always has a beautiful view of the stars. I tried showing Player once, but he had more important things to do..." He frowns at the last part. My heart nearly tears in half. I knew how much Captain wanted to be Player's friend, yet... Player always rejected him coldly. It broke my heart whenever I saw that hurt look on his face. Captain is the sweetest, most innocent and precious living being on this ship. He didn't deserve such poor treatment from Player.

I squeeze his hand gently and smile at him warmly. "Look, I'm always free to hang out with you..."

"R-Really?" I nod with a small smile. His entire face lights up. "Thanks Stoner, you're the most amazing friend I could ever ask for! And I mean it."

"T-Thanks, Captain," I mumble. C'mon, Stoner, keep it together... You know for a fact that he doesn't like you like that!

"Stoner?" He says suddenly, snapping me out of my thoughts, "Are you alright? You kind of drifted off..."

"Y-Yeah! I'm fine!"

"You sure?" He says with a slight frown, "You know you can tell me anything, right?"

Anything but this...

"U-Uh, I know... It's just...," I pause to look at the stars. Another shooting star shot by, illuminating the dark abyss once again. I closed my eyes for a moment and wished for Captain. I'd do anything to have him...

"Did you make a wish?" He whispers softly. I nod slowly and ask, "Did you?"

He nods. "Yeah... Sadly, that wish isn't ever going to come true..."

"Mine too," I mumble. He raises his eyebrow and asks, "I'm curious, what did you wish for?" My cheeks immediately turn a dark shade of crimson.

"I... U-Uhh... Nothing important...," I mumble. He frowns and says, "C'mon, don't be such a party pooper..."

"F-Fine. Just promise you won't hate me?" I ask softly. He nods and extends his pinky. "I pinky promise!"

My cheeks darken a few shades. Oh my god, he's so wholesome and cute...

I wrap my pinky around his and gently shake my hand. "W-Well, uh... There's someone on this ship that I have a crush on, but I'm sure they don't like me back..."

"O-Oh! Who is it?" He asks, a hint of sadness in his voice. I was a bit confused but I let it slide. "I-It's a guy," I admit, "I-I'm gay."

The room falls silent for a moment. None of us speak.

"Oh, Stoner, of course that's okay!" He says, "A-And, I guess if we're being honest here... I'm gay too."

My eyes widen at his confession. "Wait, really?"

He nods. "Yeah. I was just... Afraid to tell you, I guess. I didn't want you to hate me..."

"Oh, Captain, I'd never hate you!" I exclaim, "You've helped me through so much... You're literally the only person that really cares about me..."

He smiles. "Of course I care about you!" I return the smile and whisper, "Thanks, Captain..."

"So... Who's the lucky guy?"

"U-Uhh... u-uhh..."

"You don't have to tell me if you're uncomfortable with it-!"

"You..."

"W-Wait what? Who..?"

"You. It's you, Captain," I whisper. His eyes widen.

I turn away in embarrassment, not meeting his eyes. "I—I should g-go..."

"Wait!" He shouts, "Stoner..."

"H-Huh?"

"I wished for you too," he whispers, looking into my eyes. It took a moment for my brain to process this. "W-What? R-Really?"

He nods. "Yeah... I've always liked you... It's just, I was scared you'd reject me... After all, we called each other best friends, nothing more."

"C-Captain, I..." He cuts me off. "Shh," he whispers, "Stoner, stop talking."

My cheeks were redder than they ever were at this point. Captain gently puts his hands onto my chest and pushes me to the wall behind us, before kissing me softly on the lips.

I wrapped my arms around his torso and kissed back, enjoying the sweet taste of his saliva. At this point, he had me pinned to the wall. I didn't really mind it, though...

He pulls away slowly, his eyes trailing down to mine. He was many inches taller than I was, so he easily towered over me.

"I love you, Stoner," he whispers, "I don't want to just be your friend..."

"We don't have to be," I whisper back, "How does boyfriends sound to you?"

He pulls me back into a soft kiss and whispers, "I'd love that."

~

A/n: Oof, that was so bad... Welp, I tried at least...

I hope you enjoyed, Raven!

~Flare