Veteran x Captain: No one shall know our secret

~

A/n: Omg an update no way what-

This chapter is EXTREMELY long- and there's so much fluff-

Think of this as an apology for never updating <3

~

"No one shall know our secret," Veteran and Captain had said that night.

...

Veteran and Captain weren't deceptive— at least that's how they put it. They simply didn't want Player to find out. It seemed as if Player had some sort of obsession over Veteran.

It started a few months ago, when the rest of the crew decided to venture to Polus. Two crewmembers had to stay behind to watch the ship, though. After a long and annoying speech of 'you guys must get along!' and 'you can't hate each other forever!' from Player, both Captain and Veteran reluctantly stayed behind. But, y'know, putting two very gay crewmembers together, alone, may have a totally different outcome than becoming just friends. A round of applause for Player. All things considered, things turned out way better than most would've thought.

Currently, it was a few minutes past midnight. Captain and Veteran spent almost every night sneaking into storage, doing their gay routine and whatnot (and chat, but who really cares about that).

"Ugh, Player's all over me. It's seriously annoying," Veteran grumbles to Captain. Captain averts his gaze a bit and sighs softly. Although Captain agreed, he couldn't bring himself to hate Player. Despite everything Player did to him, he still wanted to become Player's so-called 'bestie'.

Veteran gently nudges his boyfriend. "Still wanting to become his bestie, huh? I know that look."

Captain looks into Veteran's eyes and sighs. "Yeah... It's just... I sometimes feel as if it's impossible for him to even treat me with any sort of kindness. I really wish he'd want to become friends too."

Veteran gently strokes Captain's platinum silver hair. "Y'know, I could always just tell him that I don't want to be his friend anymore. If that would make you happy, I'd do it."

"O-Oh, that isn't-!"

"I know." The two of them embrace silently for a moment. "But, eventually, everyone including him will find out about us. He'll be heartbroken, I reckon."

Captain lets out a breath he didn't know he was holding. "I... I know he's said some terrible things to me, b-but..."

"...You don't want him to be heartbroken." Veteran sighs, a small smile tugging at his lips. "Y'know, that's why I love you, Captain. You're so selfless."

A faint blush dusts Captain's cheeks. "N-Not true!"

"Whatever you say, my marshmallow." Veteran plants a quick kiss on Captain's cheek. "Anyway, we should get some rest. We've got tasks to complete in the morning."

"O-Okay... I love you, Vet!"

"Love ya too, marshmallow."

~

"MrCheese, is throwing raw eggs at me really necessary?!" MrEgg exclaims, grabbing a pan to deflect the raw egg massacre coming from MrCheese. MrCheese just sticks his tongue out childishly before chucking more eggs at the pink-suited crewmember.

"Here we go again," Gentleman says, gritting his teeth. Mother just sighs softly, taking her children to the cafeteria for breakfast.

"Guess what, Gentleman! We're having fried eggs for breakfast," MrCheese exclaims, grinning devilishly at his rival. MrEgg ignores MrCheese's childish antics. "I'm going to wash this suit off. I'll see you later, sir."