Player x Captain: 1am

~

A/n: It's past 1am for me right now, soo... This one's gonna be short, heheh. I just didn't want to break my streak of daily updates!-

Playcap!

~

Player

~

It was late at night, and I couldn't fall asleep. The sound of crickets chirping and Veteran's loud snoring filled my ears. It was honestly annoying, but there was nothing left for me to do. My phone was dead and Veteran had stolen my charger earlier.

I tossed and turned. No matter what position I laid in, I felt uncomfortable. If I turned the fan on, the room would be too cool. If I turned the fan off, the room would feel like an oven. (A/n: Like my room right now holy shit)

The thought that kept me awake was none other than No-Visor. Ever since I defeated him, I had nightmares of him returning. It was by far my scariest nightmare.

I decide to take a walk because I realize that I'm not going to be falling asleep any time soon.

As I walk down the halls to reflect, I heard some whispers. I thought I was just being paranoid, but, as I walked farther and farther down the halls, the whispers got louder.

Deciding to investigate, I follow the sounds. I end up stopping mid-way in front of Captain's door.

I lean my ear onto Captain's door, eavesdropping on what he was saying. I couldn't really decipher it.

I knock lightly. The room goes silent for a few moments until I heard a click. Captain was in his night clothes, and his dark circles were visible. "Player?" He whispers, "What are you doing up...?"

"I should be asking you the same," I say, crossing my arms. He sighs and says, "I couldn't sleep because I had too much on my mind. You?"

"I... I was thinking about a nightmare I had last night..."

"O-Oh..." The room falls silent for a few moments. "What was it about...?"

I take a deep breath and whisper, "No-Visor. That day keeps replaying inside my head again and again. I'm so scared, Captain... What if he comes back?!"

"Player...," Captain whispers, "Relax. You're with me now, remember? That was just a nightmare."

"But what if it's a vision?! What if... What if I lose you this time..."

He grabs my hand and squeezes it tight. "You'll never lose me, Player. You can't get rid of me that easily!"

"I... I just... Care about you so much... The thought of losing you burns me inside..."

"Player," Captain says sternly, "Come here."

"H-Huh?" He doesn't elaborate. He motions for me to shift closer, so I oblige. He gently caresses my cheeks with his soft fingers. His chocolate-brown eyes glow a bit.

"You'll never lose me, Player..."

"Captain, I... I love you too much to lose you..."

Captain gently places his soft lips against mine, moving in sync. I place my hands onto his chest and melt into it, enjoying his warm embrace. We stay like this for a few moments before pulling away, slightly panting.

"I love you too, Player... Now, c'mon, let's get some rest..." He shifts over, granting me space next to him. I wrap my arms around his torso securely and close my eyes, drifting into the peaceful land of sleep. The last thing I heard was, "Sleep well, my love."

~

A/n: This one-shot took 20 minutes to write, and it's about 25% length of one of my normal one-shots. Well, anyway, I'm about to pass out, so I hope you all enjoyed this short one-shot!

Love you guys! Until my next one!~

~Flare