9

❄️
———

"Do you have a favourite season?" Haneul asked.
Winwin and Haneul had been filling their night with conversations that seemed unimportant but served as a great distraction for both of them. Random questions that aren't too personal seemed perfect for the situation.

"Definitely Autumn...it's just so comfortable." Winwin answered honestly. They had finished their drinks too long ago, so Haneul went and got them some small cakes that the store sells, not caring what Yoonbin would think of her stealing from the store.

"You must love this weather then." She smiled as he gave her a nod.

"How about you?"

"I love winter." She said without hesitation. "Wearing layers, the crisp air, and snow is just amazing." She marveled, making Winwin smile softly at the expression on her face.

"Snow is so pretty, I love it." He added. He stabbed a piece out of the small cake before eating it, letting the cream melt in his mouth. It was a nice simple cake, though it was a lot colder than he anticipated.

He looked up from the cake, only to notice Haneul staring at him, a loud snort leaving her throat before she covered her mouth with her hand. Winwin lifted his brows, unsure of why she was laughing, though he had to admit, her laugh is really cute.

"You got some cream on your face." She giggled as she pointed to her own, guiding him to the corner of his mouth. He turned his body towards her as he wiped his mouth with his hand, looking at Haneul for reassurance. "Just a bit more." She said wiping the side of her mouth as he attempted to copy her actions.

"Is it gone now?" He asked before she leaned in closer to his face, causing him to move back slightly, surprised by the sudden action. He tried to ignore the sudden speed of his heart as he has a close up view of her. Looking up at the way her hair fell messily around her face, the tint of red that surrounded her bright brown eyes that were fixed on the corner of his lip, determined to get the cream off of his face. He swallowed hard as he felt her thumb gently stroke his face. The sides of her eyes lifting as she grinned.

But something inside him shifted at the touch, a warm shiver rang throughout his body as his heart continued to beat faster. An intense feeling crushed his chest as his stomach began to whirl. He felt like he was being electrocuted but the pain was delightful.

Everything seemed to have stopped as he stared back into her eyes, evident specks of gold appearing from behind them, performing a beautiful dance behind her pupils as they tell him one thing.

This shouldn't be happening.

His mind went into panic. Despite loving the feeling, it had felt too foreign to him and he just couldn't handle it. He was being suffocated by the sudden rush of sparks between them. He coughed out a breath as he forced his eyes away from Haneul's.
She looked like she was going through the same thing, her mouth was agape, her face was red and her breathing was uneven, and the way her eyes had stared into his, he knew she felt the same.
Without saying a word, he stood up.
And ran.

🏠
———

"Dude you look like you just saw a ghost." Yangyang commented as Winwin rushed into their dorm, breathing heavily as he ignored the stares he was getting. He made his way into the kitchen, grabbing a water bottle from the fridge and downing it in one go. He dabbed the small beads of sweat off of his face, gasping for air as he slams the empty bottle against the table.

"Did you go for a run or something?" Kun asked as he walked into the kitchen, grabbing a mug from one of the drawers. He looked at his watch before filling his mug with freshly boiled water and a tea bag. "At midnight."