28

⚾️
———

"So what are you planning to do?" Winwin asked as the baseball clangs against the chains around him, Haneul's breathing uneven as she goes in for another hit.

"Nothing, probably." She waited for another ball to shoot out, hitting it with full force to the side of the cage, where Winwin had to move his head slightly to avoid being hit. The two had come from Haneul's apartment where she had broken down in his arms, which lead to an awkward car ride to the batting cage. Seeing her in the state she was in tugged hard at his heart, and he's glad that she's able to release her anger here. "I can't really do anything."

"You should move." He suggested, aware that her house is no longer safe as Ryu knows her address. She keeps her eyes straight ahead, not looking over at him as he sat on the bench, watching her.

"I won't be staying there, at least not while Sara is away." She hits another ball hard. "I might stay at Yoonbin's place."

"He's out of town isn't he? He texted me saying he's leaving for some church event his parents dragged him to." Winwin double checked, looking at the messages he received from Yoonbin on his phone. "He also said to tell you to check your phone."

"Ah he must have texted me too then." She let out a slow sigh, running out of options. "I might have to stay with my friend Seori, I don't want to bother any of my uni friends with this."

Winwin furrowed his brows at the thought of her staying with Seori, he didn't trust her at all. Not after the conversation he had with her that morning. "You can come stay with us if you want. Or I could come stay with you." He mumbled the last bit. He wanted her to be safe, and he knew that meant doing whatever it takes.

"I could stay at the store." She brought up, hitting another one, which just like the rest, couldn't seem to find its way in the right direction. He wasn't sure whether she just didn't want to be with him because she didn't want to bother or because it would be awkward. "This isn't working for me today." She muttered, getting back into her stance as she tried again.

"You mean the store that's being torn down in a few weeks, the one that your dad probably bought?" He stood up, crossing his arms as he reminded her. "Yeah, I don't think that's a good idea."

"What the fuck am I supposed to do then?" Her grip on the bat tightened as she hit another, creating another eco of chains. "The store is closing, That dick won't stop at anything, and my father is just helping everything burn." She raised her voice in frustration. "And I can't even hit the fucking ball straight!"

"You have to swing your body as you hit it. Don't just use your arms." Winwin said as he stood beside her, examining her form before taking a step beside her. " Like this." He started, moving his hands onto where hers sat tightly on the bat, adjusting the way she held it. He swung the bat in their hands a few times, his body moving with it as he urges her to do the same. "If you hit this next one, you're staying with me." He said softly with his chest against her back, leaning close enough to smell her usual butterscotch scent yah drove him crazy.

"Sure." She replied, nodding slowly as she prepared herself. He heard her breath hitch as the ball came shooting through. "Now." He took a step back as she hit the ball, twisting her body with the hit, watching it hit the wall in front of her.

"Wow." Haneul breathed out, staring at the points on the lit up screen go up, big white letters saying 'great hit!' floating over the projected image. She turned back to Winwin, a grin creeping up to her cheeks. "I guess you're stuck with me."

"You could have just missed it." He raised a brow, amazed by her sudden confidence. He was bold for the suggestion, but he assumed she wouldn't make it obvious that she wanted to be with him. "You must really like me huh?"