18

🚗
———

Getting Seori's car out of the valet was a job in itself, but eventually, Winwin and Haneul were off, driving their way into the busy night. It was definitely awkward, neither of them bothering to start a conversation, though being with each other was comforting enough.

"I'm just texting Kun in case he tries to look for me." Winwin informed, pointing at the phone as if asking for permission.

"You don't have to tell me that, but you probably should." Haneul said as she kept her eyes on the road, the feeling of leaving a place she didn't want to be, away from toxic people, driving with her soulmate by her side was a lot to process, she found it so oddly peaceful, the way one would feel after they had just avoided a near death situation. Winwin stayed silent as his eyes fluctuate between the window and Haneul. "Does he know?"

"Hm?"

"Kun. Does he know we're soulmates?" Haneul asked.

"Oh yeah he does." He nodded. "Ten does too."

"That's cool." She commented. "I almost told Jaein, but otherwise I haven't told anyone yet."

"I mean it's not like we're dating or anything." He added. "I mean you have a boyfriend right?"

"I do?" She took her eyes off the road for a second, looking at him as he nodded.

"Yeah, I mean that's what Yangyang says, he's sad now." Winwin said, as Haneul realised who he was referring to.

"I'm not dating anyone." She said, looking him in the eye so that he understood what she meant.

"I'm not telling Yangyang that." He said, making her laugh as he watched the city pass by quickly behind her, despite so, Winwin felt as if he was watching it in slow motion. Something about her didn't seem real. How she was able to laugh despite the muted pain she was trying to ignore. She looked like a scene from a movie that had a meaning behind it, something he'd have to watch a few times to understand.

"I guess that solved that problem." She chuckled

"You knew?"

"I study psychology, he was making it as obvious as he could. I just didn't know how to reject him." She shrugged. "He's a very fun guy though, good looking too." She added as Winwin cringed slightly at the compliment for his friend.

"Where are we going?" He asked, though he found himself not caring that much.

"I haven't actually thought of that yet." She answered softly. "I just wanna enjoy this feeling." He nodded, leaning back in the leather seat, watching as she turned the wheel in each direction.

"I should probably drive someday." He brought up.

"Hm? Can you drive?"

"Not really. I have my license but I have barely any experience in the drivers seat." He laughed at himself.

"That's fair, you have a pretty busy lifestyle. But if you ever need a quick lesson you can always let me know." She offered. She meant it genuinely, but Winwin couldn't help but think that she might expect more from him than he can give. A relationship of sorts, whether that be friendship or a romantic one, he's not sure if he can do that. "It's just a suggestion, you don't have to actually do it." She said, as if reading his mind. Another silence fell, the two enjoying the night atmosphere as the street lights fly by, and the stars float above them. But Winwin's eyes only looked at Haneul. Her eyes that were once glassy were now empty with a glimpse of peace that showed in the way her face rested. She didn't look like someone who was shadowed by fear and anxiousness not so long ago.