7

🌃
———

Sicheng was insignificant. At least that's what his mind told him as he walked through the dark neighbourhood, not caring about where his feet take him. He thought that maybe taking a walk could distract him from everything, but it ended up making everything worse. His mind flooded with thoughts he can't even keep up with. Everything was a jumble and all he needed was to get away. His only comfort being the cold air that stung his nose and the stars above his head.

He would get this feeling occasionally, where he feels so unimportant that he has the need to vanish completely. And this time it was no different.

The feeling that he doesn't have a role in life, in his group, in his family. Never the main focus. He was simply floating. A lonely soul.

He is a simple person. But simple people also have times where they're minds over-complicate themselves.

As the stepped rhythmically, his eyes fell down to the tattoo that burned a hole in his skin, shining under the street lamps. Instead of seeing a soulmate of a possible cure for his loneliness, he sees it as someone who will break his nonexistent peace. He felt at peace with the fact that he has always been lonely, his mind only speaking to itself rather than others.

He didn't want anyone to disturb the only life he was familiar with.

He looked up, finally taking in where he was. Reading the lit up sign above his head.

Binnie Cha

The familiar bubble tea shop glowed in contrast to the rest of the street, asking him to enter.

He didn't know why he brought himself here. To this place. But while he is, he might as well find out why it's still open.

🥂
———

- two hours ago

Haneul had sat through the whole thing, all the long speeches and toasts, but yet she failed to pay attention to single word.

The guests are now free to mingle around and help themselves to food. She had chosen the latter, hoping it would calm herself down as she rushed away from the table. She popped some tarts onto her plate, passing some to Jingwen who looked at them longingly, earning a bright smile from the grateful girl.

Haneul looked around, hoping to catch a glimpse of her friends. Sungbin was talking to the man who owned one of the largest medical centres in Seoul while Seori spoke to some of her mums colleagues. Chenle looked as if he was actually flirting with Jasmine Chou, a girl who had hated Haneul's existence for as long as she could remember. And Jaein was shoving her face with food whilst her brother struggled to slow her down. She wanted to join them, piling up food on her plate before she felt a cold hand grab into her arm, pulling her away.

She looked at the head of hair in front of her, knowing it could only belong to one person. Her head throbbed, remembering everything he had done to her in the past. A feeling she never wanted again. She struggled against his grip, trying to free herself before he pulled her into a nearby room, a room that she knew the Gushiken's used as a closet. Despite it being larger than her bedroom.
The boy pushed her against the wall, his dark eyes meeting with her as she scrunches up her face in disgust at how close their faces are. She knew if she let him get to her she would simply break again. She tried to leave but he slammed his hand against the wall, stopping her from moving away.