27

🏢
———

Winwin was lead to the ceo's office, still amazed at how he somehow managed to make it this far. He knew the plan he came up with at 3 am would definitely not work, but at least most of it was going as he planned it to. He thought his lie was obvious, but by his doubts, his looks and status had won everyone over. It was unexpected, but it worked.

The rhythmic tapping of heals against the hard marble floor came to a halt as the lady who lead him stopped in front of the beige double doors, the name 'CEO Bang Seori' plated on it. He sucked in a breath, having no idea how to approach this. He hadn't thought this far through.

"Ms Bang knows of your arrival." The woman bowed before opening one of the doors, gesturing him in as he bowed back to her before entering. His eyes widened as they looked at the space, amazed by the it's shininess and extravagance. It didn't take long for his eyes to meet with the woman at the middle of it all, her small body almost hidden behind the long desk she sat behind. Her hands laced in front of her face, giving him a judging glance as he heard the door close behind him. She had an opposing vibe to Haneul, who felt like cloud splattered blue skies and the warm coffee that he needed in the mornings. He wasn't sure how to describe the vibe that Seori gave off, but one word he would use was cold, the type that makes you shiver.

"I have a busy schedule and I don't see why you needed to see me." She started before pointing a hand to one of the sofa seats. "But take a seat and talk."

Winwin nodded, following her orders as he sat on one of the hard couches, keeping his hands clasped in his hand as he watches the woman walk to the front of her desk. He cleared his throat, feeling inferior in her gaze.

"I'm here to have a discussion about Binnie Cha, as it seems that you were aware of it's closure." He began as she leaned back, crossing her arms over her chest.

"I didn't think you would go out of your way just to talk to me about it, you must be a dedicated customer." She seemed somewhat shocked by the topic.

"Are you the one buying it?" He asked bluntly. He had connected the dots, he knew that she played a role in the scheme.

"Did the owner tell you that?"

"No." He answered with a shrug. "I just assumed you had something to do with it."

"You assumed?" She was offended, but Winwin was happy for her to prove him wrong. "Are you trying to get me to give you back your precious shop?"

"Oh so you are buying it." Winwin commented, amazed that he was right. "And it's not just a shop." He added, knowing well how important it is to Yoonbin, seeing as he dropped out of college to pursue it. He enjoyed getting his morning coffees there and the little chats he has with Yoonbin. But most importantly it was the place where he had soulmate bonded, and he wasn't willing to let it go.

"Sure, but it's not as simple as you think." She stared at him coldly, as if she was trying to figure out what he was thinking. "We all have to move forward for the sake of the future, so I suggest you move on."

"Oh I can easily move on. But you know who else has tried her damn best to do what she knows is good for her future?" Winwin was properly looking at her now, making she understood what he was getting at. Though he was worried about Yoonbin, he cared a lot about Haneul, and her life has started to matter to him more than he thought it would. "How do you think she'd feel knowing you're part of the problem?"

"Are you talking about Haneul?" She scoffed in disbelief. "Don't act like you know her, she probably serves you often and now you think you have some sort of undying love for her."