36

🚗
———

"You are invited to the wedding of—" Sicheng stopped midsentence, his soulmate eyeing him from her spot in the drivers seat, waiting for him to continue.

"Who?" Haneul asked, as she kept her eyes on the long empty roads, a stunning green scenery playing besides them as they drove in the middle of the warm summer sun, a contrast to the snowy winter in Korea

Winwin blinked at the screen of the phone, turning it off before he rolled the window down, letting in the summer breeze which caused Haneul's hair to dance around. He slid his sunglasses back up his nose, looking out the window. A smirk making its way to his lips.

"I still want to know." Haneul spoke over the wind.

"It doesn't matter, you're not going anyways." Winwin answered rolling his eyes at the disgruntled look from Hanuel. "Ryu and Seori." He scoffed, unable to say it seriously. The two eyeing each other momentarily before breaking out into a fit of laughter.

"That's so stupid." She blurted.

"They obviously invited us knowing we aren't going to attend." Winwin chuckled, watching as Haneul perked up with an idea. "No, we are not going."

"But it would be such a big deal!" Haneul pouted.

"Yeah and that's how the public find out we're dating." Winwin reminded her how he was indeed famous. Hanuel had almost forgotten after the past week she had been spending with him. The two have been travelling and camping around the country, enjoying each others company as they spent every minute getting to know each other. They would stare at the clear night sky and not mutter a word, simply enjoying each other's presence. There was no worries about being recognised or managment, it was something she shouldn't get used to. Haneul had also met Winwin's sister, who happened to live here - in New Zealand too - without Haneul's knowledge, it was quite a pleasant surprise to see that Winwin had another reason for wanting to be here.

The whole trip was overall refreshing, and it was definitely something the both of them needed. "We should invite them to our wedding." Haneul suggested.

"Oh yeah for sure." Winwin agreed. "By the time that happens they've probably have gone through a divorce."

"Who knows, they might actually be perfect for each other." Haneul laughs lightly, glad the situation no longer has anything to do with her.

"While we're talking about the ideal future, how many kids do you want?" Winwin asked, the question almost throwing her off the road as she swiveled lightly in surprise. Her eyes wide as she turned to Winwin. "Too soon?"

"No I just didn't think you liked kids?" She replied, going back to her usual speed as she continued to drive. "I've never actually thought of that."

"You don't need to answer that at all. That's totally up to you anyways." Winwin told, giving her a sure nod. Winwin has been playing scenarios of what his life would be like with Haneul once they can finally settle down. It seems unreachable now, but he loves to think about it.

"Probably two." Haneul thought as they eased into a small township, the sleepy town was quiet, and she had no doubt they were in the right place. "Yeah I like two."

"Same." Winwin smiled to himself.

"We can pick a name from your baby name list in your notes app if you'd like." Haneul laughed knowingly as Winwin blushed lightly. He did in fact have a list of names.

"I don't know what you're talking about." He shrugged as the car stopped in front of an old house, despite that, it looked well kept and clean. "Is this the place?"