24

🚗
———

"If he vomits in the car I'm going to kill both of you." Haneul warned, turning back from the front to give Winwin and Ten a serious look. She wasn't planning on bringing them, but Winwin had asked for a ride seeing as she was going the same way, and Ten needed some rest.

"You can't kill your soulmate, that will just make you sad forever." Ten slurred as Winwin helped him with his seat belt.

"I'll be sad if you vomit in my car as well." She started driving, the music slowly leaving their ears as they drove away from the house.

"You should be happy that you even have a soulmate, especially since he's Winwin." He sat up aggressively.

"Not when he confuses me." She argued.

"Weren't you the one who kissed him?" Ten pointed out.

"He offered, why would I say no." She replied, knowing she wasn't exactly talking to Ten. She looked at the mirror, noticing the way Winwin looked back at her. "I spent the past two months or so trying to get him to be my soulmate, and the night before we end everything he asks if he could kiss me." She was genuinely mad about it, knowing that she'll never get to feel the way she did when she kissed him ever again. She shouldn't have done it, but she doesn't regret it either.

"Sorry about that." Winwin spoke up from the backseat. It wasn't what she had wanted him to say. She wanted him to accept things the way they are. He obviously has feelings for her and she just wished he could come to terms with it.

"Apologising just makes it feel worse." She let out a sad laugh. It brought the car into a silence, as none of them really knew what to say. It was one of those strained silences, that are both awkward and hurtful.

"Is everything okay with Yoonbin?" Winwin asked, changing the subject.

"I don't think so. He just fired me."

"What? Why?"

"I'm about to find out, but he didn't sound like he was in a good state at all. Maybe he's mad that I took this entire week off."

"Ah that explains why you weren't there." Winwin mumbled, loud enough for Haneul to pick up on. "He seemed fine the last time I saw him."

"When was the last time you saw him?" She asked. She realised this was the first time since they found out they were soulmates that they've had a normal conversation, one that wasn't about themselves or their situation. It felt like a break.

"This morning." He answered.

"I need to piss." Ten blurted, making Haneul chuckle lightly.

"We're almost at the dorm, just hold it in a bit longer." Winwin told him, the way a mother would warn her child.

"I can't." Ten said, sounding slightly nervous. Haneul doesn't need pee in her car either.

"We're stopping here, I'm not risking anything." She parks in front of Binnie Cha, it's bright light still on despite the hour.  Ten rushed out of the car, running straight into the shop. Haneul and Winwin shared a glance before walking into the store right after him, sure that it must have confused Yoonbin.

"Sir we're clo-" Yoonbin tried to say, but Ten was already in the toilet. The chime of the bell made him turn to the door, Haneul giving him a soft smile, unsure of how he was feeling. He didn't look too bad, however the kitchen looked as if it had been hit by a tornado, cups everywhere and boxes spilled over. Something was definitely wrong. "I'll make them a drink." He tried to look around, his hands shaking as he grabbed hold of a plastic cup, which crinkled slightly in his grip. He was stressed, as much as he tried to hide it.