16

🥤
———

The two days went by a lot faster than Winwin had hoped. He had gone for a walk every night, something he had been doing often anyways. But as he waited at the bench every night, staring at the shiny river in front of him, part of him had hoped that he would bump into her somehow. He wasn't sure why, since she simply created problems for him, he just wanted to know if she was okay, but nothing seemed to confirm that she was. His pride wouldn't allow him to ask the guy who's name he now knows as Yoonbin during his early morning coffee runs, which was exactly where he found himself again.

"You're looking better today." Yoonbin commented.

"Did I look bad before this?" Winwin asked, slightly offended by the comment.

"No no as in you look a lot less...burnt out." Yoonbin replied. "You looked dead the first time you came." He said as he shoved ice into a cup.

"Uhh thanks I guess..?" Winwin wasn't exactly sure what to say. He's had normal nights after that, which he's glad for, he can finally work properly, and he hoped that Haneul can too. He didn't like that she had felt that way, not only because it effected him, but because it was horrible and no one deserved to feel that way.

"Are you a friend of Yangyang's?" Yoonbin asked.

"Yeah...how'd you know?" He was surprised that Yoonbin knew who Yangyang was, but at the same time he's well aware that Yangyang is quiet infamous for coming to the shop when he shouldn't.

"NCT right? My friend Sara introduced us to your group cause Haneul was curious, and I recognise you from the photos."

"Ahh okay." Winwin responded simply.

"Well here you go." Yoonbin smiled, passing him his coffee. "Have a good day Winwin."

"Thanks, you too." He said as he stood up. "By the way, is she still staying with you?"

"Haneul? She left this morning, so not any more." Yoonbin answered, Winwin nodding, all he needed to know was that she was alive, though he still doesn't know what makes him so concerned.

Must be a soulmate thing.

"You know I can give you her number if you want." Yoonbin winked as Winwin scrunched up his face at the guy's gesture.

"I never asked for it." He shook his head, turning his back on Yoonbin who let out a loud scoff. "Bye." He said as he walked out.

🏠
———-

Haneul looked herself in the mirror, letting out a shaky sigh as she ran a hand through her hair. The make up she smeared on her face looked perfect, yet looking at her face made her feel disgusted. She did it the way her father would have let her do it when she was younger, the way Ryu liked it.

She wiped the red lipstick off her lips with the back of her hand, letting it smudge over her cheek, making her look the way she did that night. She didn't know why everything kept reminding her of it. It wasn't this bad during the charity event, maybe now that she knows her fate, everything is starting to become more real and that this is no longer some game that she can play and exit whenever she felt like it. Wiping the make up off her face, she tried again, lining her eyes the way she wants to, dabbing pink eyeshadow onto her eyelids, adding blush knowing how much her father hated it. And lastly adding her favourite lip gloss over her pink lips which curled up in a smile. If she really wanted, she would wear her glasses, but that'll be crossing the line a bit too much. Her father wanted her to be perfect, which means he didn't want people to know that her eyesight wasn't perfect. Something that Haneul didn't realise was obscure until she had left home.