33

🚗
———

"Just to be clear, we're not actually getting married right." Haneul needed to make sure she wouldn't be a wife in the next few months. "I mean you didn't explicitly say anything about marriage."

"Haha no, consider it a promise ring." Winwin laughed as Haneul couldn't help but release a small sigh of relief, eyeing the small pink jewel on her finger.

"You're a genius Winwin." She shook her head in disbelief, her heart still pumping from the moment. The eyes that we're on them, the kiss they shared, Ryu's face after it. He was insane for thinking of such a plan, none of which could have ever crossed her mind. But he had done the impossible. "God I want to kiss you so badly."

"Then do it." He spoke, Haneul turning her head to meet his eyes. "But once the car isn't moving of course." Haneul smirked, stepping on the gas as the car sped up, the city passing them as they moved further away from it with each blink. The city suddenly being under them as they found themselves back on the hill that overlooked it all. The night where Winwin first noticed his feelings, where they we're wearing a down played version of what they were now, running away from her family as well.

"It feels like we do this quite often." He smiled, turning to look at her. "This will be the last, I'm sure of it." He admired the real smile on her face, one that had been hiding itself under mounds of restrains, as if now it had the chance to break free. It stretched across her face, showing itself in her eyes and on her cheeks. She was relieved. But most importantly, she was happy.

"You really didn't have to do that." She whispered gratefully. He reached for the nape of her neck as he brushed her hair aside, rubbing his thumb against her soft skin.

"Haneul." He started. "I'm literally in love with you." His lips perked up as he searched her eyes, as if he was finding a reason not to be, but there was nothing but a beautiful golden pool of her.

"You are?" She asked as her mouth fell agape.

"I literally proposed to you."

"That was staged."

"But what I said wasn't." He told. "It really isn't that hard to believe."

"Well a few weeks ago you wanted nothing to do with me." She lifted a brow.

"I lied for most of that time." He admitted with a small chuckle. "I wanted everything to do with you."

"You're kind of romantic." She noticed. "It's impressive." She giggled softly. He was surprised as well, finding it amazing how she could bring out a side to him he didn't even know he had. Her eyes reflected small specks of white as he stayed mesmerised by them, but that was before he turned to the window in front of him, watching the white dust fall slowly from above them, a giddy feeling rising within his chest.

"It's snowing." He gasped before looking back at Haneul, who had the same ecstatic look on her face. The two jumped out of the car simultaneously, excitedly looking up at the soft speckles that showered them. Haneul had her hands out as she tried to catch them in her hands, Winwin letting out a laugh. A small snowflake landed on her soulmate tattoo, almost perfectly replicating itself.

"Oh my god." Her eyes widened. "This soulmate shit is crazy." She giggled as she held it up in front of him to look at. Winwin looked at it for a second, his mouth parting as he was left dumbstruck by the universe once more. "Haha your nose is pink."

"Oh." The sudden rush of the cold had just hit him, but he hadn't cared at all, as instead of anything else, Winwin took a hold of the hand that Haneul held in front of him. It had warmed his cold hands as the two cheerily swung each other around, mimicking a dance to nothing but the sounds of their own laughter. Above them the pouring snow now decorated their clothes and spotting the hair on their heads.