6

🥂
———

Dread.

Was what Haneul felt as she walked up the marble stairs of Gushiken Manor, knowing very well that she is about to enter a life that she had tried hard to leave. She noticed cameras waiting by the side of the stairs, cameras aren't uncommon at these kind of events, though she wondered why there were so many this evening. Some seem to be waiting for particular people, maybe celebrities' or a certain CEO's son that has his own fanpage. She knows no one will be looking out for her, despite her fathers attempts to get her into the public eye so that it would give his company more publicity, she had always tried to stray away from it. People are never that interested in ceo's/rich people's children unless they are hot, a future heir or they do something terrible that ruins their family's image. Haneul was none of those.

An usher checked their invite before showing them to their table. The event hadn't started yet so it gave Haneul time to find people she actually liked. The place was huge, it had decorations everywhere showing off the grandness of the event. She could easily loose track of where she was in the main hall but in a way that was what she wanted. She had been to Gushiken Manor to many times while growing up, it's a place she hated more and more with each visit, hoping it would be the last time each time she went. As she walked through many chatting bodies of well dressed people, trying to keep out of notice, she had bumped into a wall of sequins who turned around, glaring down at her.

"Sorry." Haneul bowed, apologizing.

"You better watch out next time." The girl spat, eyeing Haneul. "This is exactly why you should never come back, Park Haneul." She said before walking off, leaving Haneul baffled.

Nothing about the sentence she said makes sense.

How does she even know my name?

As she continued to walk in caution, she heard many whispers of her name by random people she either vaguely remembers or doesn't know at all. She isn't sure why her name is suddenly a fascinating subject, but she doesn't exactly want to know why.

"Well Seori I guess we're gonna Park ourselves here now that we found ourselves a Haneul." A familiar voice said as an arm wrapped around her.

"That was the worst joke I have ever heard in my life." Another scoffed. Haneul turned around swiftly at the sound of the voices she knows too well.

"Sungbin! Seori!" Haneul beamed as she saw her friends, pulling them both into a hug.

"We missed you sweetie." Seori said before Haneul released them from her arms. Sungbin dragged her to a nearby couch, sitting her down in between the two. Sungbin and Seori are twins and had been her best friends since birth. Their dad is a medical doctor and their mum is the ceo and founder of a pretty big beauty company, a company that Seori would be the one to inherit.

"These events have been absolute bum without you." Sungbin starts off as Haneul giggles at his comment.

"They've always been absolute bum." Hanuel agreed, earning a hum of agreement from both of the twins.

"But also a lot of shitty things have happened. I would love to tell you everything but it would literally take years." Seori said, grabbing a glass of something from a waiter and offering it to Haneul. She took the drink, knowing she was probably going to end up giving it to Sungbin after a sip.

"Yeah lets just enjoy this night, well at least try to." Sungbin suggested, taking the drink in Haneul's hands and downing it all in one go.

"I was going to drink that you idiot." Haneul argued.