22

☁️
———

"Where am I?" Sicheng asked himself, taking a look at the darkness that surrounded him. It was pitch black, nothing in sight. He'd never been here before yet it felt familiar. He hugged his body with his arms as he noticed the coldness that tingled at his skin.

"Great. What now?" He heard a voice speak from behind him. It was strange because he knew who it was. He turned to look at the obviously frustrated girl, her eyes swept past him for a second as if it disgusted her to see him, which only made him hug his body tighter.

"What's happening?" Sicheng asked quietly, careful not to sound bothersome.

"I wouldn't know." She sighed tiredly. "I just wanted a normal nights sleep, not another one of these dreams."

"Huh?" Sicheng cocked his head at her, looking at the girl he hasn't seen in days, someone he couldn't stop thinking of for that duration. "Another one of these dreams?"

"I wonder what we have to save each other from this time, tell me dream boy, what am I here for?" She ranted as she grabbed his face roughly. Sicheng's eyes widened at the sudden action, examining her tired face.

"I thought I was the one dreaming." Sicheng let out. Haneul's hands slowly retracted, realizing who he was. The warmth of her hands had left his cheeks, leaving the cool and bare once again.

"Y-you're actually here?"

"I don't exactly know what you mea-"

🏠
———

Haneul woke up abruptly, her phone puling her awake with the awful sound of the apple default alarm. With a groan, she dragged her phone from the wooden bedside table, staring blankly at her lock screen.

Reminder:
nct concert - 9pm

"Great." She sighed tiredly. Rushi had guilt tripped her into going in the end, it's not that she wouldn't enjoy it, she just believes that she doesn't deserve to do so after what went down that night. Especially amongst other nct soulmates. She clicked into her contacts, wanting to text Rushi for more details, however one name seemed to catch her attention. Someone who she had seen just a few minutes ago. She considered texting him, asking him if he really had the same dream, if so she wants to know what it's supposed to mean for them. She shook her head, she was going to see him tomorrow anyways. Haneul wasn't exactly prepared to tell her father. He hadn't asked her any questions when she had asked if he wanted to have dinner on Friday, he definitely knew something was up but decided not to pry on it, she didn't expect him to. She had added that she would bring a guest, so it must be obvious. She didn't want to have to do this, it was unfortunate that anyone had to meet her family in association to her and she's sure Winwin will not be expecting what he is about to see. But Haneul is convincing herself that she doesn't need to care, it's not like he'll have to deal with her anymore. Everything will be over after that. She really hopes it goes badly, maybe then he'd want her to stay.

"Hi." Haneul said as the door of the house opened. It was a big house, not the biggest she'd ever seen, but she's sure that whoever lives here is very well off. They probably have a rich family or is some sort of celebrity, which is the most likely answer. The girl who opened the door had a scowling face, which quickly turned into a forced smile when she looked at Haneul. She recognised the face almost immediately.

"You're-"

"Gyo Shin ae, the actress. I know who I am." She cut Haneul off. She examined Haneul from up and down, taking her in with a judging look. Something seemed to hit her as she did.