Thirty

It's been weeks that we've been here. I was honestly hoping that Jai showed up but he never did. So today at midnight we leave.

We've noticed that we are actually being watched. Except at 11:59 to 12:05

If we leave at midnight they won't know we left. They would think that we are still here. That might give us time to run.

I don't know who is watching us but it's creepy because I always see people looking at the direction of the house and they look and look like that's their jobs.

I walk over to the window and check if anyone is listening. We haven't figured out when they listen to us but they listen to us for a couple of minutes and then they leave, then minutes or hours laters they come back and stand by the window.

We got warning actually. We always get letter saying to never leave this house if we don't want to die.

It's signed like this

Sincerely ..S

Who is S?

I can think of many names that start with S but I don't know who is out to get me, Luke, Jai. us.

"Remember when..." Luke starts saying but making me look at him. "we were little and used to hang out in your backyard" Luke starts to point with his eyes towards the door.

I look over the door and it's wide open. LIKE WIDE OPEN! ?

I look at him confused. I walk to the door but Luke stops me and shakes his head.

"It jut opened" he whispered.

I looked around but nothing was out of place, plus we have never opened that door before.

Or has it? I can't remember.

There is a knock on the window besides us so we both turn to look but nobody was there. I quickly look over at the door. It was closed. CLOSED!?

"Are we going crazy?" I laugh a bit. I look over at the window and then at the door.

There was a knock on the door but neither of us moved. He grabbed me and pulled me next to him. There was another knock and this time even harder.

"OPEN UP!" That familiar voice. my eyes widen and looked over at Luke.

The door was being kicked. Luke pulled me closer to him and we moved behind a book shelf.

The door swung open. But no one came through. I looked closely at the door and waited for the person to come running looking for Luke but it never happened.

It was already twelve and the door shut its self.

Luke grabbed his bag so I grabbed anything that I can fine that can be used as a weapon just incase.

Luke opens the door carefully and he walks out. He checks the surroundings before he tells me to come out.

We make a run for it. We ran and ran and ran until our lungs couldn't take it any longer. We stopped at the side of a road that wasn't really busy at all.

We waited for cars to come but only one passed by and they didn't want to help.

"Where do we even go?" I ask him.

"Far away as possible" he answers.

---

The next few chapters are going to be short so yeah.

And thanks for the 5k+ reads again!!