Thirty Five

Looking at the parts that was left there.

"Do you think these are Jai's?" Luke asked.

"I don't know Luke, all I know this is part of his shirt, it smells like it also" I said.

A finger

An eyeball

And

A ear

Wrapped around Jai's shirt.

I'm hoping they aren't Jai's.

"This is sick, who would do this?" Luke thought out loud. I just shrugged not wanting to speak because if I divi would end up crying.

Luke put the cloth down and stood in front of it.

"This isn't Jai's, it can't be" He said.

"Let's fine a way out of here, with or without Jai" He said.

"We can't just leave Jai here" I say.

"We don't even know if he's alive" He turned around and looked angry.

"I, I just." I couldn't even finish my sentence. I got all choked up.

"We should go before this starts hurting again." he said pointing to his side. I nodded. He went back and grabbed the backpack. He wrapped the the ear, finger and eyeball with the cloth and put it in the backpack.

He walked to the lake.

"What are you doing?" I ask him.

"Getting rid of this" He said before throwing the backpack into the lake. We watched as it disappeared from our eyes.

"Let's go" Luke started walking along the side of the lake but to the opposite side of the backpack.

I followed Luke a few feet behind. I tried to remember where we came from but everything looks the same and very familiar since we have been walking in circles.

Walking along the lake side we actually got to new places. The lake ended. I was confused on how it just stopped. I looked beyond this point and saw a cliff up ahead. Luke kept walking.

"Luke! Stop" I ran to him and stopped him. He looked pissed so he removed my hand from his shoulder.

"Sorry, I was just fucking helping you on not fucking falling from that fucking cliff" I said annoyingly.

He closed his eyes and let out a big breath. "sorry, I just can't" He said looking down.

"Let's go this way" I said walking parallel to the cliff.

It was getting darker, not because it was night but because it was about to start raining?
Great! That's all we need right now

We continued walking. At least we haven't made it to the same place.

I was walking besides Luke. Thankfully he wasn't in pain today which is very weird how he looks normal like nothing happened. This smells very fishy, I actually don't like it and Luke is making me suspicious. He seems to not care about us being here. He's like fine with it.

"What's that?" Luke squints his eyes to try to see up ahead. I look where he is looking at. I see a house?

We were very far so I couldn't really see what it was. We continued walking. We heard a scream, a familiar scream.

Luke reacted fast and ran. I stood there shocked.

Jai's alive.

I smiled a bit and ran after Luke.