Seventeen

"Shut up!" Jai said through gritted teeth.

"You mad cause it's true, you only care about your ass being saved" I told him.

"When I get back from Sydney you better be gone, or else you're next. James got lucky. But you won't be so lucky" He warned me.

"And also say something to Luke and he'll get it also"

And with that he stormed out of the apartment.

I sat down and started thinking. Thinking back to that night.

*FLASHBACK TO THAT NIGHT*

"Mel?" I heard James voice from the living room. I stopped what I was doing and listened again.

"Mel?" I heard the voice closer. I got up and ran to the door.

"James?!" I said happily.

He was standing right in front of my door with that smile that I love.

I jumped on him and hugged him. I know he was gone for two weeks, but being alone for two weeks has been really boring.

"I've missed you" he said and I hugged him tighter.

"I missed you too" I told him.

The next day James had to go out for a few hours.

It was getting dark and James had texted me telling me that he was parking the car. I went over to the window and saw that he was getting out his car.

I went back to the kitchen to check on the chicken I was making for dinner.

Five minutes passed and he still hadn't come.

I took the chicken out of the oven and waited for James.

"Get off of me!" I heard someone say.

I walked closer to the door.

I was scared to open the door because I heard a lot of shuffling and I'm pretty sure someone is fighting out there.

I called James but got no answer. I was getting worried.

I opened the door but nobody was there. I saw blood right in front of the door. There was a path of blood going down the stairs so I followed it. I went back to the apartment to get something that could protect me just in case. I got James baseball bat.

I followed the bloody path. It was by some forest where it stopped. I listened to the surroundings.

"What the hell? stop!" I heard. It was James voice. I walked behind a tree and didn't see anything. I started getting closer and closer to where they were.

The sight I saw terrified me.

I didn't know what to do.

One second I'm standing behind a tree the next I'm beating someone with a baseball bat.

Whoever was beating James stopped and came my way.

My eyes widen when I saw that it was Jai.

"He got up and pointed the knife at me. I swung at him but he got the baseball bat.

"Melanie. Melanie. Melanie" he started walking my direction. I back away from Jai. He had blood all over his body.

I looked down at James.

"M-Melan-nie g-get out of h-here" I heard James. And he gave me a small smile and nodded his head to reassure me that he would be okay.

"I'm not leaving you" I told him.