Twenty.

LUKE'S POV

I regret saying that that her. I was just mad that she was defending him. The one that killed Jessica and the one that tried to kill James. Was she part of it too?

So many things came to my head. I didn't even know I was running after her.

"Melanie?" I called out for her but she didn't stop running.

She started running towards a park. I ran even faster.

My phone starts vibrating but I just ignore it.

It looks like she's starting to get tired so she'll stop running soon, hopefully.

She ran for a few more minutes.

I was now finally a few feet away from her.

"Melanie please stop" I grabbed her hand and pulled her back to me. She was now against my my chest. I held her close to me not letting her go. She started fighting back but I gripped her even harder to me.

"Leave me alone" She slapped me really hard in the face.

"Melanie, Listen, I'm sorry" I tried reasoning with her but she was impossible.

"Why did you even come?" She said after a long silence.

I just looked at her.

"Melanie please come with me" I looked into her eyes and she finally gave in, she knew I wasn't going to take no as an answer.

I took her to the hotel where I was staying.

She sat on the couch and didn't speak. She muted me out, every time I said anything to her she would not respond. She isn't even moving. She's just sitting there looking outside.

"Ja- I mean Luke can you ... umm " she paused. I waited for her to continue but she didn't say anything. I walk in front of her. I sit on the little table in front of the couch. I take her hand and look her in the eyes.

Man, how I fell for her, she fell for me, and I fucked this shit up for giving her way too much space.

"Melanie?"

"Yeah?" she looks at me

"Why are you defending Jai?" I asked her not knowing how she'll react or what she'll say.

She just looked at me. she sighed and started "well, A lot has happened with Jai, I was there for these past months knowing that he had killed my best friend, and tried killing my other best friend. He has done some things to me that I know he regrets. Throughout this time I've learn a couple of things about him. I know what he is feeling inside. I know he just wants to disappear and forget the world, I know that feeling. He's going through a tough time, nobody sees his pain except me. I used to hate him for what he has done but now I just feel like I have to be there for him and forget what he's done, even though it was wrong what he did"

Wait what did she just say?

"What has Jai done to you?" I asked. I now want to know what he has done to her.

"Nothing, don't worry" she's shook her head.

"Tell me" I asked more firmly. if she says what I'm thinking then Jai will fucking regret he ever was alive.

"Why do you care?" she looked at me.

"Because I care" I said a bit annoyed.

She just nodded her head and looked down.

I lifted her chin up so she could look me in the eyes.

"Did he ever lay a finger on you?" I asked. She looked away and didn't say anything. I knew it. I got up and started walking to the door.